1970 Duster wipers switch clicking

-

Bob K

Reaction score
I have a 1970 duster in which I fully restored and I replaced the entire wire harness's to the car. The wiper switch clicks without the wipers on and when turned on they do not work. I pulled the switch and tested it with my old harness and found the switch had finally burned out. I purchased a new switch and the switch still clicks when the wipers are not on and the wipers do not work. I read some previous posts and it seems like a ground problem. Any suggestions?

My friend took the switch apart and jumped it with a fuse it worked for a while and the fuse blew. Are you talking about the circuit breaker in the switch

Could be a short circuit inside the motor or in its park switch mechanism but a dead short should have blown the fuse immediately.
The cycling circuit breaker was doing what its meant to do. When the wipers are restricted or frozen to the glass the resistance causes high amperage. Cycling circuit breakers work X number of times before they fail completely. Binding in wiper pivots would cause the same. Issues inside the gearbox on the motor assembly would cause the same. So... take linkage and wipers away and try to locate the resistance.

-
Back