Not open for further replies.

Doug M.

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Plymouth Duster 340. It’s been off the road for many years, but is very solid and original. Engine was reportedly started by the previous owner about three years ago, but I have not tried it myself -- turns freely. All original components still in place (exhaust manifolds, carburetor, intake, etc.). Has rust in the usual places: trunk pan, cowl (especially bad here for some reason), lower quarters, behind rear and at least one floor board. Underneath is super nice, clean and solid (not undercoated!). Have over 90 high quality pics; let me know what you’d like to see.

Based on the cars’ originality, I purchased it in October 2017 with every intention of performing a complete restoration, but life has gotten in the way so I need to let it go. Vehicle will come with an extra hood, trunk lid, and cowl.

Here’s some additional info:

· Build Date: February 2, 1970
· 340CI, 4BBL, 275HP (E55), matching numbers
· 3-speed (D13) matching numbers
· 3:23:1 rear axle (D53);
· 56.792 (56,780 miles documented on 1997 title)
· Rally Instrument Cluster (A62)
· Rare option: Two-tone Paint (V02), Lemon Twist Yellow (FY1) with Black (TX9) painted roof
· Deluxe steering wheel (S79),
· Duster 340 Interior Décor Group (A88)
· Music Master AM Radio 2W (R11)
· Rallye wheels (W21)
· Dual Exhaust w/o tips (N41)
· Longitudinal Stripes, Black (V6X)
· Transverse Stripes, Black (V6X)
· Cigar Lighter (J15)
· Original broadcast sheet; 1997 SC title (has not been retitled since); SC license plate; 1980 SC registration (believed to be the last time the last time the car was registered); original owner’s manual
· New tires (2017), zero miles

Price: $10,000 OBO. Location: Leesburg, VA 20176.

1.1.JPG

2.2.JPG

3.3.JPG

4.4.JPG

11.1.JPG

9.jpg

I have info on this car. This car was from union beach NJ. How can I get in touch with you

Hey Doug...tried to pm you but it just keeps coming up “error!” Not sure you’d wish to share the data tag pic and more pics of the cowl rust, but that’s what I’m interested in seeing. Frame rails and torsion mount ok? I too was interested in this car a few years back. You could try pming me if that’s a better option for you. Thankyou.

Howdy and thanks for your interest. Not sure why the PM option isn't working. Anyway, I will be happy to post the pics you've requested after work this evening. FYI, I removed the fender tag to address some surface rust -- I didn't want it to get so bad that it would become unreadable (it's far from that). I got rid of the rust, but haven't primed and reinstalled it. Have a nice pic that was taken a couple of days ago. I will also post an image of the build sheet. Just a reminder, I have an original, spare cowl that's in great shape, which goes with the car. Thanks again! Doug

V24x2, here's a couple of the pics you requested. More to follow. Doug

Attachments

• Duster Fender tag.pdf
    154.2 KB · Views: 281
  • Duster Build Sheet.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 214
Additional pics. Once again, an addition clean hood, cowl and trunk lid go with the car... Doug

63.5.jpg

5.1.JPG

19.1.JPG

88.1.JPG

49.5.jpg

Been told by a couple of folks they've had trouble opening PDFs of the fender tag and build sheet, so I am attaching them as JPEG images. Doug

1970 Duster Fender Tag.jpg

1970 Duster Build Sheet.jpg

Dropping the price to $8,500 for quick sale. Following extras go with the car: Nice trunk lid, hood and cowl -- all original MOPAR parts. Will throw in an extra used front disc brake set-up: rotors, hubs and KH calipers. As mentioned above, tires (radials) are new. Thanks for your interest. Doug

BTW, if you don't want/need the extra parts, $8,000 will buy it. Thanks, Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, both prices listed above (with or without parts) are OBO (negotiable). Prefer not to put it on eBay if I don’t need to. Doug

Also have a nice loaded Lexus ES350...nice!!
Hey! Thanks for your interest. This is a-body #2 for me, so I can’t do a trade. The wife would throw me outta the house — again! Happy to talk price if you’re interested though! Would be great to get the car back to SC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back