Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Hey gang, I am putting my Duster up for sale. Original B5 blue car, black interior, 225 Slant 6, 904 column shift, 7.25, 14" steelies with hubcaps. Power steering, manual brakes. Heat but no A/C, radio. Your basic Duster.

I will be up front, this is a project car that will need a complete restoration. It does run but just barely. For all intents and purposes, it would need to be trailered from here. The gas tank is rusted out so the car runs by an electric pump that pulls gas out of a can. The brakes are shot, there is a leak somewhere but I never took the time to see exactly where. Tires are shot, they don't hold air too well. Essentially it was taken off the transport trailer and put into the garage.

The car has some rust but is not totally clapped out. The quarters seem OK as do the front inner and outer fenders, cowl and rockers. There looks to be some rust behind the right side of the rear windshield. There is a spot on the passenger side a pillar too. Trunk has what looks to be scale but is hard to tell under the black paint. There is oxidation in the engine compartment but no major rust to speak of. Front inner supports look OK. Please see the pics.

Body is fair. It has a cheap, incorrect paint job. There are some small dents in the roof and on the driver's side fender. The passenger fender was dented in pretty good but I managed to straighten it out fairly well. I do not see any residual damage from the impact, looked like the fender just got crunched. It will need another skim coat of filler and primer but the hard work on that fender is done. Door hinges will need rebuilt, they are sagging. Trim is all there and in decent shape, would really just need a good cleaning and polish. Please see the pics.

The interior will need to be redone. Its 'all there' but it's not in great shape. Will need a headliner, carpet and dash pad to start. The door panels are passable but have cutouts for speakers. The radio opening in the dash was cut to fit a modern stereo. I have not looked at the wiring too closely. Not sure if the buckets are original but they have cheap covers on them. My plan was to use 'em for shop chairs. Glass is actually OK. Its missing the driver's side quarter window latch but the rest of the regulators are working. Please see the pics.

I bought this car back in the spring when I thought I had my Dart sold. That deal fell through and since have been unable to sell it. I need to make room to finish one project so this car must go.

Asking $1,700.

Vehicle is located in Huntington, NY 11743. PM me here with questions, I am always happy to chat.

- Greg

IMG_7196.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

IMG_7212.jpg

IMG_7214.jpg

IMG_7215.jpg

IMG_7203.jpg

I shipped this car from California to L.I., NY for under $1,000. Minnesota would be about halfway.

Just sayin'....

Still available! Nice winter project!

Attachments

• IMG_7305.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,451
Guys, I have accepted a deposit on the car. I am awaiting final payment and pick up but as of this time, the car is spoken for.

I will update the thread as sold when the car is picked up.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

If the sale happens to fall through(I hope it doesn't on you) can you put me in line. I am ready to buy. good luck, have a great New Year. Bill

Hello,

I thought I would never see this car again. I have been lurking this forum for years but had to join when I found this ad on Christmas.

I owned this car for sometime between 2002-2004 as my daily driver. Its come a long way since then! For interested parties I can give my limited history (if it helps?).

-Mike

Final payment received 1/13/12. For all intents and purposes, the Duster has been sold. I will mark the thread as sold when the car is picked up.

Thanks Jimmy!

Duster is on its way to its new owner Jimmy! Picked up today, 1/24/12.

Attachments

• IMG_7410.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_7409.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_7408.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_7407.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.
-