1970 Poison Dart

-
More progress was made this weekend and we are very close to spraying the body. We hung the doors and fenders to allign them, then they were blocked along with the rear quarters, roof, trunk and hood. Then we sprayed final coats of primer on the hood and trunk so we can block for the last time. its starting to look like a car now and we are staring to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Ill keep you guys updated on the spraying of the body.

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

Looks great ! That little strip of metal under the rear door panel needs to get sprayed black.

Thanks, Its the first thing I noticed. I would hate to see him get the interior together and then realize he missed it.

Thanks AdamR we were so concerned with the outside that we forgot that in the inside. In fact the car is leaving tomorrow for the body shop and it should be sprayed and back home by Sunday night.:toothy10: Thanks again and ill keep you guys updated.

Well guys its on its voyage as i type. I cant go to deliver the car with my dad because i got work but i will be at the body shop Saturday and Sunday. I came home from school today and my Dad, bro and i loaded the Posion dart on the trailer. Itll be green by sunday night and then we are going to try to make the deadline for Big Daddys show in october. Ill keep you guys updated throughout the weekend.

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03036.jpg

DSC03040.jpg

DSC03042.jpg

023_23.jpg

The dart is painted!!!!!! :toothy10: :cheers: We just drove it home today and it is freakin beautiful. Saturday we were at the body shop for 15 hours wet sanding and final prepping the car. It was sprayed last night and we let it set in the booth, then we drove to the shop this morning and fitted the major panels for allignment. Now all we have to do is put it together in time for Big daddys in Ocala. I love the green especially in the sun8). Weve been waiting a long time for this day and I have to say it was worth every second of it. Hope you like it and looking forward to seeing some of you at Garlits show soon. Take care guys.

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

Thanks Adam, it is FJ5 sublime. In time, we will do a little wet sanding/buffing and really bring out the depth and shine. We will keep posting, thanks again.

hey Moparteen, looks good...doing a good job representing us other mopar teens lol....anyways post some pics of it as its being assembled...is it getting a vinyl roof? what kind of wheels? your one lucky kid i tell ya to have a car as straight as yours...keep us updated

Moparteen, you must be totally stoked! That is one sweet Dart, bro. It looks amazing in the sun. Get yer shades on.:glasses7:

I can't wait to see the finished product. Take your time putting it together. Don't want to get a scratch in it. Keep up the fantastic work. Rock on! :supz:

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

The car looks sweet. Have fun putting it together. Cant wait to see it when it is done.Nice job.

First time I saw this thread. FANTASTIC job!
Sweet looking house too! LOL
Keep the pix coming, please.

George

Thanks guys. The color is the original version fj5 sublime green. We are going to put a set of jeg 5 star rims on it, no vinyl top, and just a flat black bumble bee stripe (Same as below except rims are different) We are probably going to start the assembly process tonight. I will keep you guys updated with some pics along the way.

dart.jpg

i know what you mean by the color in the sun! I look at my dart in the garage all the time, and then once its outside in the sun its very bright. Even catches my eye in a parking lot!

looks good, keep up the good work!

Steve

sounds like a nice combination....keep us posted with lots of pics....whats your deadline for completion?

The assembly begins tonight. We just got the rear bumper ready for mounting. We polished the stainless steel carraige bolts to give them a chrome finish and got the bumper mounts bolted. We were going to mount it on the car but the underside of the rear valance is just sealer so we have to get some paint back there. Our deadline is a month in order to make the car show. More to come tomorrow.

DSC03085.jpg

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

Well - looks like I won't be making Garlits, myself. Don't have the "crew" you have to assist, just little 'ol me doin' most everything, might make the Turkey Run in Daytona, though. Your car's looking good, like I said before, de javu all over again, except mine's the new '07 Sublime, has metalflake and pearl, really pops in the sun. Good luck, maybe I could trailer mine down and we'll wrap 'em up together !

100_3566_(Small).jpg

hulkfan2small.jpg

Well - looks like I won't be making Garlits, myself. Don't have the "crew" you have to assist, just little 'ol me doin' most everything, might make the Turkey run in Daytona, though. Your car's looking good, like I said before, de javu all over again, except mine's the new '06 Sublime, has metalflake and pearl, really pops in the sun. Good luck, maybe I could trailer mine down and we'll wrap 'em up together !

06 Subime? Is here a new version out? Do you have the code for it? Pretty sure my Swinger is going to end up the sme color. Your car looks great!.
Thanks

My bad ... it's an '07 color, code is PFB. If you spot a Charger R/T in this color, take a look at it. Gold metalflake as well as some pearl, made about 1600 cars for the US in this new Sublime. Not original - but neither is my Swinger, it's actually NOS (Not Original or Stock :tongue:)

120944574780628 (Small).jpg

-
Back