1970 Poison Dart

-
Exactly Johnny, the ghost black bumble bee stripe. How's everything going with your Dart?

I remember the first car I saw with a ghost stripe. It was a Black Cuda conv with Petty blue interior. Gorgeous car. I didnt recognize the black stripe untill I walked away and turn back to look at the car. I walked back to take a closer look, the ghost stripe completely blew me away !!!

Well the car was suppose to be delivered on July 1st, but that has past. The guy doing the body/paint is a one man gang. Two things I like about him is that he is A Mopar guy and two is how maticulous he is. Actually one more thing I like is he is there working on the car every day. Dont think rushing him at this point is going to help anything, so when I get it I get it.

I have been gathering all the other parts I will need in the mean time. Motor is done. Just waiting for the car.........8)

Take care.
John

faucet pics 259.jpg

faucet pics 265.jpg

faucet pics 250.jpg

Wussup guys, we hung the fenders and the doors yesterday. We are now ready to start the final blocking. We bought a pair of bucket seats to replace my bench seat. A special thanks goes to my Mom, Step Dad and little bro for making the drive to pick them up for me. Should be picking up paint in the next week or 2. We are most likely going to go FJ5. Well, not much progress this week but I will keep you guys updated. (Thanks again Mom!)

DSC02928.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

DSC02932.jpg

corey bucket.JPG

mom bucket.JPG

craig bucket.JPG

Wussup guys, We made minor progress this weekend on the bodywork. We got one door blocked and the rear quarter but thats all due to the rain. We celebrated my little brother, my uncle, and my birthdays yesterday. I was shocked that my Mom and my Aunt actually bought me car parts. I didnt even think they really knew about that stuff plus my aunt isnt fond of muscle cars because my Dad growing up had mopars that were on a kids budget so the fuel gauges didnt work and my Aunt would have to go bring him gas when he ran out. My Mom bought me a set of Mopar performance valve covers. I always wanted these but due to the price i chose a set on sale in a mancini racing catalog that werent nearly as nice in chrome quality and overall looks. My aunt got me some nice taylor spark plug wires, a distributor hold down, and timing tape. Well, we had a great family get together and some work done on the car. Ill keep you guys updated for this week.

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

Well, the bodyguy and his partner came yesterday and today, and we made alot of progress. We got the seat stabalizer plates welded in the floor, both fenders blocked and ready, the underhood primered and sanded, the trunk lid in slicksand ready to be blocked and both fenders ready. Tomorrow they are not coming but on saturday they are. They say we should be shooting green in the engine compartment and door jams. Then paint the inner doors with flat black. So finally Saturday is the first day of color besides gray primer. I will keep you guys posted on saturday.

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

WE HAVE COLOR!!! :cheers: Today we made some more progress. We got the engine bay and inner doors sprayed with 3 coats of base and 2 coats of clear. They came out awesome as far as gloss and smoothness is concerned. We used PPG FJ5. Tentatively the body is scheduled to be sprayed this upcoming Saturday, providing we get the remaining details done. Hope you like it, I sure do. Ill keep you guys updated for next week. 8)

DSC02975.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

DSC02987.jpg

Looking good.
That car is going to be amazing !
Gotta hand it to your mom, for those great parts. Cool mom !!!

Side note: Went to see my car today, and it is about the same stage as your's, with paint in the eng bay and trunk. Forgot the camera of course.

Take care.
John

:love7:loving you car rob,8)It's looking Awesome!=P~I'm very proud of you!:cheers:Keep up the good work!:love1:mom

We made more progress the last 2 weekends, we got the floor sealed and based, the trunk sealed based and cleared, the inner doors black and the dash is black. Then we sprayed the front of the fenders black along with the front of the radiator support. we decided to go with a glossy black even though our original plans were semi flat but its still looks good. Next we are going to spray the rest of the interioir pieces black and then hang the doors and fenders for allignment and one final block sanding. We are getting close to spraying the body. For my birthday my dads friend Mr. Charlie gave me an old school direct connection tach and a awesome brand new mini starter. Thanks again Mr. Charlie I really appreciate it. (if your reading this!) Well, ill keep you guys updated. MOPAR 4 LIFE

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

DSC03006.jpg

Hey Man,

the project looks like its coming along real good....post some pics once you get her all painted and when she's all buttoned up and done too....building a 71 scamp and sublime might be in the works for paint (working on the body as we speak and prepping for paint)....anyways keep us posted man

-
Back