"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Also wondering if there is a rear sway bar that will work since the car has been mini tubed.
The frame mounts on the sway bars I've seen look like it would interfere with the springs and the sway bar would make contact with the wheel.

Also wondering if there is a rear sway bar that will work since the car has been mini tubed.
The frame mounts on the sway bars I've seen look like it would interfere with the springs and the sway bar would make contact with the wheel.

I bought the Helwig kit and had the side arms bent at my local spring shop, so it would fit between the narrow spring locations. Tried to get them to manufacture it, but you know how that goes....

A Hellwig E-Body sway bar works in the rear. It fits inside the frame rails so the minitub does not affect it at all and it sells for $175 through summit.
Check out this link:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1254264&postcount=95

I pm'd Dave@Hellwig earlier this morning on that exact option.

jrlegacy23 - Did you have any issues with mounting or clearance? I wonder if the boxed area for the springs will hit the dog bones.
2012-03-02_23-42-59_754.jpg

OK guys, Dave@hellwig got back to me and said
" 6908 will be your best bet. you will have to make some spacers between the frame and the end link as it is 1.5" narrower."

One down, now onto springs...

Its a summit branded steering column. The only thing I could find in my price range with the options I wanted.

Its a summit branded steering column. The only thing I could find in my price range with the options I wanted.

What length steering column did you go with? Any issues? Was it plug and play or did you have to use an adapter?

The column is 32" I believe, don't hold me to that though.
DD shaft with flaming river joints.
Wiring isn't done, will need an adapter.

How far does it come through the firewall? Do you think it is ideal length for the HDK Frame? Would you recommend longer, shorter, or juuuust right?

Check out page 14 post 347 for a picture of the steering setup.

I'm happy with the length. Its not a super clean look like Ross has going on but it is functional and doesn't look bad.

Check out page 14 post 347 for a picture of the steering setup.

I'm happy with the length. Its not a super clean look like Ross has going on but it is functional and doesn't look bad.

Looking at it again, I remembered it now.

WOW! I love the way that sits.....and especially how the
tires are tucked in and not out to the fender lips.

2012-08-14_19-41-47_0.jpg

Not sure about the ground clearance with the sway bar. I can measure it when I go out there next.

hahahaha. I keep razzing my buddy that he needs to sell both of his 68 camaro's and buy another 70 challenger like he use to have. He has thought about it a few times, but can't get over the sentimental value of the camaros.
I've also tried to get him to sell the Camaro's and use the funds to deck out the 1955 Chevy 210 that he is trying to sell.

If I didn't have the Dart I would probably have bought the 55 and made one hell neat street pounding cruiser out of it.
I had dad sit in it to see if it would spark the need to buy a car to restore. he loved it, but didn't want the expense of redoing it.

2012-08-05_15-59-20_837.jpg

-
Back