"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
I've been prolonging doing this but its getting to the point that i'm going to have to be "that guy". You know that guy who puts his project up for sale because he can't finish it... yeah him.
Medical, motivation and expenses have pretty much done me in.

The owner of the shop that all the work was done at is planning on buying the Dart and finishing it.
If that deal falls through i'll be posting a for sale add on here.

tough call......but it happens

when you get a new owner, please give them my info in case they have any questions.
Regards,
Denny

Will do. Thank you for your expertly designed and built equipment.

Talked with my buddy yesterday. He is 110% serious about buying it, we now have an agreement in place and are moving forward with it.

This build and the previous Turbo Dart build was a combination of our blood, sweat and tears. There were plenty of whiskey and pizza fueled engineering/design discussions at the shop that made it what it is. We both have the same vision for this car and its a HUGE relief to me knowing it will get completed to the level it needs and deserves. It means all our time and my money wasn't for nothing.

We both agreed that the build progress needs to continue in this thread.
I plan on keeping this thread alive so it doesn't get archived.

My original plans were to put a 408 in with a newer 4 speed automatic transmission.
His plans are to put a newer 6.1 or 6.4 in it with the 8 speed transmission. I like his plans better. :)
I'm guessing the steering linkage will have to change to fit one of those motors in there.

Denny, he will have to contact you to get the different motor mounts.

To summarize: The project is still alive, just delayed while transferring ownership and location.

sounds like its going to another owner who appreciates it. Win/Win. plus you'll still see it around
Talked with my buddy yesterday. He is 110% serious about buying it, we now have an agreement in place and are moving forward with it.

This build and the previous Turbo Dart build was a combination of our blood, sweat and tears. There were plenty of whiskey and pizza fueled engineering/design discussions at the shop that made it what it is. We both have the same vision for this car and its a HUGE relief to me knowing it will get completed to the level it needs and deserves. It means all our time and my money wasn't for nothing.

My original plans were to put a 408 in with a newer 4 speed automatic transmission.
His plans are to put a newer 6.1 or 6.4 in it with the 8 speed transmission. I like his plans better. :)
I'm guessing the steering linkage will have to change to fit one of those motors in there.

To summarize: The project is still alive, just delayed while transferring ownership and location.

We can do that.

If your buddy decides to go a different way with the hood I will buy the Cuda scoop hood from him.

If your buddy decides to go a different way with the hood I will buy the Cuda scoop hood from him.

I can tell you right now, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell he would part with that hood.

But if your buddy wants to have some fiberglass molds made of the hood, then I bet he could sell quite a few, I know I would!

Photobucket changed their policy to not allow 3rd party hosting on free accounts. So all of the images in this thread are now dead.
I will have to re-host them someplace so anyone who is interested can go look there and at least see what was going on.

Yup
Photobucket changed their policy to not allow 3rd party hosting on free accounts. So all of the images in this thread are now dead.
I will have to re-host them someplace so anyone who is interested can go look there and at least see what was going on.

Yup happened to me as well. I give photobucket 6 months and they'll be gone...

Riddler

dang, gonna have to go thru mine then. Anyone know of another good place?

dang, gonna have to go thru mine then. Anyone know of another good place?
Imgur is probably a good bet. Its the go to image hosting place for all of Reddit. I've had an imgur account for a couple years, guess I will start utilizing it more now.

I pay Photobucket $20 / year (I think) for extra storage space so I hope that makes me a paying customer. The ONLY reason I started using them in the first place was for 3rd party web hosting. Why else would you even need them?

I pay Photobucket $20 / year (I think) for extra storage space so I hope that makes me a paying customer. The ONLY reason I started using them in the first place was for 3rd party web hosting. Why else would you even need them?
From what I read, only the 99.99 a year plan will turn the links back on

Umm, yeah... they can go pound sand.
I've re-hosted all the images here. The album is a mess that I will have to straighten out later.
Imgur

Now if I could only edit my first post in this thread to reflect the hosting change...

I had the same issue. Most of my picture links in my threads are gone now,thanks to photobucket.I wouldn't even provide sand for them to pound. Maybe an I E D....

Damn, it still bugs me that the pictures are all jacked up in here.

-
Back