"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Windshield is in and to me it made the car come together more.
I have A LOT of stuff to do yet. Trim pieces need to be painted, hood latch and grill need to be painted and put on... the list goes on and on.

I just hope I can remember how the window crank mechanisms go back in.:banghead:

I'll be buying little stuff like weather stripping, sound deadening, interior stuff as time goes on.

Maybe I'll be able to roll it outside this winter and get some pictures, but I'm guessing it might not be until summer.

Windshiled-installed_zps762fb962.jpg

Windshiled-installed2_zps95e80de3.jpg

_MG_4529_zps5846a6a0.jpg

Almost looks factory.
_MG_4539_zpsfe20b0e2.jpg

_MG_4571_zps8aeafb6e.jpg

_MG_4537_zpsf00eceb4.jpg

Totaly awesome EH:
Love the color & I am a big fan of the hood.
Was never really to keen on the 70 style hood scoops.
Keep the pictures coming.

Shawn,
Again, friggin' awesome .....Love the color and all the progress pics. Check your email for a link I sent you. I think you'll like it.

Ross, I haven't received an email from you in a while. I hope they aren't going into my spam box.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
I don't remember if there is a gasket or some piece that fills the rather large open area between the corners of the dash and the windshield/A piller or if the windshield gasket fills that area?

On a side note, I had quite a few things painted and got them back on the car.
Cell phone pics don't capture the color at all.

2012-12-16_19-25-36_891.jpg

2012-12-16_19-25-51_927.jpg

2012-12-16_19-23-38_591.jpg

2012-12-16_15-28-56_456.jpg

2012-12-16_15-30-01_339.jpg

i noticed your double u-joint steering shaft set up, is that going to have a steering shaft support in there somewhere or is it not needed? car looks killer. love the dash board.

i noticed your double u-joint steering shaft set up, is that going to have a steering shaft support in there somewhere or is it not needed? car looks killer. love the dash board.

That style is supported by the steering column and the R&P itself, no other support needed. If you put another u-joint in there, you will need a shaft support. The reason being is that the steering column and the R&P are both fixed points.

No progress. Enjoying my time away from the project.
There is ice fishing/drinking and coyote hunting to be done.

I'm in the IT field and by nature I'm always connected to the "Network".

looks solid nice shop to have some space to work in looking good

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120718.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Snapshot_20120830_3.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,113
  • Snapshot_20120830_20.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,129
Windshield is in and to me it made the car come together more.
I have A LOT of stuff to do yet. Trim pieces need to be painted, hood latch and grill need to be painted and put on... the list goes on and on.

Beautiful Build.

You still plugin' away, or just like me haven't posted? Haven't seen anything in a while.

-
Back