"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Thanks! Should be making some good progress this month.

Got some more parts today. Absolutely LOVE the shifter. My wife picked it out and talked me out of a ratchet shifter.

IMG-20120218-00220.jpg

IMG-20120218-00223.jpg
Where did u get the rack from and how easy was it ti install

Simple since i'm running a Hemi Denny K member. I got the rack from Jegs.

Yep, just small stuff right now.

Door strikers and latches are in. Working on getting the trunk deck lid back on.
My body guy says it could be in paint this weekend.

My favorite car is an ORANGE car, especially a MOPAR and particulary an
A -Body............ Looking good.

it'll be an attention getter...no getting lost in the crowd with that baby

soon...it will be downhill

at home...bolting on the goodies

Final block sanding, almost ready for sealer and paint.

2012-12-01_19-32-18_665.jpg

In the words of John Force after climbing out of his on fire, thru the traps @300 plus with no parachute and into the sandtrap.....with smoke rolling off his cinged firesuit....

Excitin', ain't it!

Don't worry, this isn't like high school. Its not a build up to find out shes got a stuffed bra. :)
I'm working on the photos.

Kudos to Jason for all the body work and painting, this would be just a pipe dream if it wasn't for him. And Thank you to Gordy for the years of putting up with my **** around the shop and the years of playing the role of teacher.
Without those two, I would still be dreaming of building a car. I've learned LOTS on general build techniques, do's and don'ts, welding, repair, body work, and painting to name a few things.

THANK YOU!!!

This project is a long ways from being done, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Jason seam sealing the drip rails.
_MG_4137.jpg

The auto timer on the camera busted my attempt at a covert pic.
Last night was masking night.
_MG_4157.jpg

Blowing out my arch nemisis!

_MG_4160.jpg

Thats what its all about! Learning from friends who have done things and made mistakes so their friends dont have to find out the hard way. That orange sure is bright and will look sweet with a dark accent. Nice job man keep it up!

I'm so envious...great job and I haven't even seen it in color. Patiently waiting

These pictures, like in all other pictures of wild colors, don't do it justice.

I'm really happy with the color choice.

Final block sanded, scuffed, taped and tech cleaned.
preppedforpaint.jpg

Primer sealed
PrimerSealed.jpg

Paint
paintedViperVeryOrangePearl2.jpg

Cleared
ClearedandBright.jpg

-
Back