"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Bumpers, trim, etc will be getting shot black if that's what your asking.
Toying with vinyl ideas.

Or are you referring to one of the images I sent you during my, What the hell do I want this thing to look like phase?

I guess I was looking at your avatar with the black out hood/roof/deck/....basically the top of the car......just wondering because I see all that BEAUTIFUL shiny paint..... and just thinking after seeing that, you might have second thoughts on covering a lot of it up

Nope, my avatar was just an obfuscation. :iconbigg:

come on...how am I suppose to know WTF that means....yet alone spell it.

Turned out really nice do you sand your color coat or put on clear wile still wet ?

Looks real good! The hood came out super bitchen!!

I may have missed it but is that water base paint? What clear did you guys use?

Nope, its not water borne. The clear is Martin Senour TC731.

No sanding before the clear. Just tac clothed it off and sprayed.

Obfuscation - to be evasive, unclear, or confusing
Pronounced Ob-fi-skation.

Now you guys can go obfuscate others. :D

That is the color for this car!

It would look great with orange bumpers and trim too.

Some awesome wheels being the only contrast needed.

No tail stripe necessary either.

Anyway you do it, it's going to be spectacular!

And the real car turned out to be ostentatious.

who taught you boys how to describe something....not a single F bomb in there!.....throw fookin' in front of ostentatious, and you got something

Come on...lets get with it!

who taught you boys how to describe something....not a single F bomb in there!.....throw fookin' in front of ostentatious, and you got something

Come on...lets get with it!

Shawn isn't from New York or New Jersey so there doesn't have to be an F bomb throw in to complete the sentence....kinda like Boston folks throwing the word "Wicked" in a sentence.....(no Offence to anyone from the above mentioned areas)

On a serious note, I absolutley love the color choice...I might have to re-evaluate my color choice. I was avoiding Orange because you used to see Dusters in that color everywhere you went .....but now the trend seems to be leaning toward Black, like I'm going with. Good job

Thanks for the laughs!

I can be plenty vulgar and times, but I'm working to clean up my language.

Went through MANY color choices and I'm glad I settled on this Viper color.

Here was the inspiration for the color.
nealcommercialphotograpsb8.jpg

enspiring to say the least....

I have lots of ideas for my amx , cuda and nova....

Thanks for posting your build, we all appreciate it!!!!

I'm seein (immagination) a big black viper snake head on that hood between the scoops with the body/tail snakin down to the front of the hood

Don't tell Swisswill..but that Viper stole his hood design

Can anyone shed some light on this?
I don't remember if there is a gasket or some piece that fills the rather large open area between the corners of the dash and the windshield/A piller or if the windshield gasket fills that area?

On a side note, I had quite a few things painted and got them back on the car.
Cell phone pics don't capture the color at all.

2012-12-16_19-25-36_891.jpg

2012-12-16_19-25-51_927.jpg

2012-12-16_19-23-38_591.jpg

2012-12-16_15-28-56_456.jpg

2012-12-16_15-30-01_339.jpg

Shawn,

I frigging love the color and progress. I can hardly wait till you get some outside shots, for the color to really "pop".
The rubber windshield gasket fills the gap in the front and the plastic interior A pillar pieces fill the side gaps.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!
I was worries that I lost or threw away gaskets that i direly need before the windshield gets installed.

-
Back