-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gts340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I'm offering my 70 Swinger 340, real H code car, Factory FJ5, 3 spd for sale. It's one of 955 3 spd. 340 Swingers and 923 FJ5 340 Swingers made that year. Combined, it has to be a pretty rare car in that sense. Car has a black top and interior. It is a project car that will need quarters, trunk and fenders at a minimum, probably front floors as well. There is a 318 in it now. Car has Kelsey Hayes disk brakes, 8 3/4 suregrip rear (unsure of ratio), bench seat, correct thumbwheel radio, uncut ralley gauge bezel and a rear defogger. The inner fenders seem to be solid. The car was a Chicago car and raced the streets around the Grand Spaulding Dodge area, but was not sold new there (maybe used) I bought it from a guy who bought it in 1976, and he from his friend in 1974. I have the 1976 IL title. It has a 1971 340 coded radiator. I have the valence panels, an extra door (which it may not even need) extra bumpers that are better than what's on it and some nice interior door panels.
This car is not for the faint of heart, but could be restored if you had the ambition, time and money (which I don't right now). I'm posting the only good picture I have of the car, but I will post more by the end of the weekend. You get the general idea. I don't want this car to be parted, but I will myself if there is no interest. $2000 takes it.

DSCF0099.jpg

I forgot all my contact info.
Contact Eric @ [email protected]
The car is located in Northern, Illinois.

Please contact me with any questions if your interested.

I'm offering my 70 Swinger 340, real H code car, Factory FJ5, 3 spd for sale. It's one of 955 3 spd. 340 Swingers and 923 FJ5 340 Swingers made that year. Combined, it has to be a pretty rare car in that sense. Car has a black top and interior. It is a project car that will need quarters, trunk and fenders at a minimum, probably front floors as well. There is a 318 in it now. Car has Kelsey Hayes disk brakes, 8 3/4 suregrip rear (unsure of ratio), bench seat, correct thumbwheel radio, uncut ralley gauge bezel and a rear defogger. The inner fenders seem to be solid. The car was a Chicago car and raced the streets around the Grand Spaulding Dodge area, but was not sold new there (maybe used) I bought it from a guy who bought it in 1976, and he from his friend in 1974. I have the 1976 IL title. It has a 1971 340 coded radiator. I have the valence panels, an extra door (which it may not even need) extra bumpers that are better than what's on it and some nice interior door panels.
This car is not for the faint of heart, but could be restored if you had the ambition, time and money (which I don't right now). I'm posting the only good picture I have of the car, but I will post more by the end of the weekend. You get the general idea. I don't want this car to be parted, but I will myself if there is no interest. I'll consider fair offers on this car for awhile before deciding what to do next.

I'll start at $1,000.00 bid.

100_2213.jpg

I'll start at $1,000.00 bid.

That's a start.

I will add that as much as I could use the $$, I might consider an interesting trade, you never know. I didn't get this car for free but I understand money is tight around the world these days too. Maybe it could find a good home this way too.

It's coded for the hood treatment, bee stripe, hood pins, black bench seat, 3 spd. floor shift, 340, FJ5, Dual exhaust with chrome tips, 2 watt radio, and that's about it. The trans doesn't appear to be the right one, but it is a 3 speed. Ib236399 is the number stamped in it, must make it a 71. The frame rails are good except for the drivers side right in front of the torsion bar support, completely rusted out there. The rest of the floors look good from the bottom too, must have had a leak. The trunk floor has rust and the 1/4's are shot. There is rust into the rockers behind the doors, It looks like the car was wrecked at some point in the front, The inner fenders look like they may have been replaced and are surprisingly solid, but it will need some work on the nose to look right. There is evidence of purple paint on the radiator support, hood latch plate, drivers fender and hood hinges. I can't find any number stamped on the radiator support.

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Good Eye. It Is Fj6 Ppg Concept Single Stage.
You Wouldnt Know If I Didnt Tell You.
Very Expensive And Durable Paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back