1970 Swinger 340 Hemi Orange 4 speed

-
The detail you're putting in this thread is amazing! when it's all said and done you could make a book out of it and sell it. might be a good candidate for a sticky.....

Wow, thank you for the kind words! I'm glad people are enjoying it, it's almost as much work updating this thread as working on the car! Haha, well not really..

How is your Swinger coming along?

Got the topside of the hood done! I started off with brake-kleen, then gun wash on a rag, wax and grease remover with a scotch-brite, orbital with 120grit to etch it, wax and grease remover again and then tacked and epoxied.

Had a busy weekend so I didn't get to do much to the car.. I did finish welding in the lower A-pillar completely and I have it all ground down and sanded ready for epoxy. I also started sandblasting the inner rocker and made a contraption to contain the sand. I never got to finish sandblasting, but hopefully tomorrow evening I can finish it up! I also ground down all the spot welds on the inner and test fit the new rocker and it fit great! This side seams to fall into place, the other side fought me. Hopefully next weekend I can finish this rocker and move on to the wheel well tub.

Slight pitting on the rear inner, but nothing serious. Once it's blasted completely and epoxied it will be perfect. The other side that's seen from underneath is perfect.

The last of my AMD parts are here and ready for pickup. I got the front valiance, front splash shields, battery tray, fender bolts and a new door vin sticker.

Greetings from Red Deer. Enjoy watching your build. My brother had a '70 340 plum crazy swinger back in the day. Love that style of car and would like to get one myself (once other projects are done). Just wanted to know who you were using to dip parts? Thanks

Kerry

Greetings from Red Deer. Enjoy watching your build. My brother had a '70 340 plum crazy swinger back in the day. Love that style of car and would like to get one myself (once other projects are done). Just wanted to know who you were using to dip parts? Thanks

Kerry

Hey Kerry,

Thanks! That's awesome, I wouldn't mind looking for a plum crazy one after this one is done (that's my other favorite colour on the Darts)

RMC industries in Edmonton.

Wow- glad you finally cleaned that hood up. It was really bugging me!
JK- great build and I've picked up a few tips from you. Thanks
Doug

Inner rocker cleaned and ready for repair/epoxy. This side was pretty much the same as the other side as far as rust goes.

Randy,
Nice resto. so far. looking good! The motor is gonna look good too with the M/T valve covers, or are you gonna try to find factory ones? Starting to look clean!

Randy,
Nice resto. so far. looking good! The motor is gonna look good too with the M/T valve covers, or are you gonna try to find factory ones? Starting to look clean!

Hey John, those pics of the 70 340 Swinger posted by 813Demon340 on page 11 are not my car. (His has the M/T valve covers) I wouldn't mind owning that car as well! Haha

Thanks! I am going back to a factory look with the original 340 air cleaner, 340 valve covers and exhaust manifolds, but with a stroked 360 (unless I happen to find the original 340 for my car)

Very nice workmanship on your restoration! I am on my fourth Dart Swinger resto and my son and I have it on a rotisserie right now. He's doing all the body work. It's a 1970 340 numbers matching car with bucket seats and lots of options. This one will be my last and a keeper one!

Very nice workmanship on your restoration! I am on my fourth Dart Swinger resto and my son and I have it on a rotisserie right now. He's doing all the body work. It's a 1970 340 numbers matching car with bucket seats and lots of options. This one will be my last and a keeper one!

Thanks! Sounds like a neat car, do you have a resto thread of it on here?

I got about 75% of the rocker welded on today and after having turkey dinner I didn't feel like bending down to finish it off, haha. I have around the lower a piller to weld and a few more behind the b pillar and then the fun task of grinding!

Scraping away the weld thru primer where I'm welding makes it a lot easier.

Rocker is done! Epoxy/fibreglass filler around the lower a pillar and then it's on to the outer wheel well tub... I am not Looking forward to cleaning in the wheel well tub again!

Every time I look in the resto section, I look for updates on this thread...and whenever there are, I'm never let down. The work being done here is top notch-and a great deal more in depth than I think most folks would try. I know I have some metal work ahead of me when I get back to it, but I don't know if I'll go to the same lengths you are.

Cheers man, looks awesome! :thumblef:

Every time I look in the resto section, I look for updates on this thread...and whenever there are, I'm never let down. The work being done here is top notch-and a great deal more in depth than I think most folks would try. I know I have some metal work ahead of me when I get back to it, but I don't know if I'll go to the same lengths you are.

Cheers man, looks awesome! :thumblef:

Wow, Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the thread and hopefully it helps on some of your repairs you plan on doing to your car

Impressive work!

Thanks!!

I finished the rough bodywork on the lower a pillar and tomorrow I'll finish scuffing the rest of it down and get some epoxy on it!

Fibreglassed/puttied

Wow, Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the thread and hopefully it helps on some of your repairs you plan on doing to your car

I'm pretty sure it will assist-if nothing else, by the methodology. I doubt I'll go anywhere near as in depth, but it's good for me to learn.

Fantastic-what's next? Quarter panel/wheel well?

Thanks! Yeah that's my next section... I'll cut the entire quarter off, door striker, trunk extension and do a splice on the wheel well tub (just like the other side) I'll probably start on Sunday. On Saturday I have to do a trip to pick up my other AMD parts.

-
Back