1970Road Runner, you've got to see this one!

-

smlveightis

Confused in Confusion
Reaction score
So I was down in Clearwater Beach last week, for a short vacation, and my friend wants me to look at a '73 Dart Swinger at this Classic Car dealer. All I can think of is wow, way over priced stuff!
So, to make a long story short, I talk the owner into letting me snoop around the place, and come across this car.
I gotta tell ya, this thing is arrow straight, and the attention to detail was spot on! Thsi was not a true Road Runner, as I verified the vin as being a Satellite.
http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1970cars/1970 Plymouth Roadrunner .htm

20k is a little steep for a 4 door but it is a pretty nice. I remember passing by this dealership, seeing all the nice cars, visiting family in Clearwater. Lots of old cars in that area.

Very cool car, awesome condition! But why go through all the work and not put RR tail lights in it?

I think the price is in the right ballpark, look at the quality restoration, lots of work went into making that 4-door a cool award winning show car :glasses7:

That car would make for a very cool cruiser. I agree, 20K is a bit steep, but this car was about as perfect as i could tell. The metal work on the rear doors, where the scoops are graphed in, are perfect! I ran my hand every which way, on both doors, and couldn't feel a thing! Excellent workmanship!

should have gone GTX clone with a 440 ....a regular roadrunner was not available as a U-code 440.

all that work and no rally dash and no roadrunner tail lights :tongue8:

I think the price is in the right ballpark, look at the quality restoration, lots of work went into making that 4-door a cool award winning show car :glasses7:

ill agree with you that they have put a ton of work into this and is a killer car. I my self wouldn't pay the 20k but I wouldn't say its horrible price. I have seen worse and better go for the same.

I'd rock it, but WTF happened to the hood bracing?

Gotta say, I got to disagree, the 20K isn't a bad price. Also as well, I have opinions on rallye versus normal gauge clusters, the normal one wins in my book.

As for the tailights, I'm not sure if I like it better or worse than the RR tailights, but they look nice.

Since we're giving fanciful opinions, I just havta say---I'd much rather see that restored as say, a HP cop car

You know the drill, Jake

" It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

Very nice build. Talk about a niche market...lol. If I was loaded $$$.....maybe.....MAYBE :D.

If they had put a smoothed in door handle on the rear doors that would have really made it slick.

to duplicate it yes 20k probably isn't bad. the problem is in the end all ya have is a 4 door satilite that is worth no where near 20K.

who knows. maybe they find some chump to give them that money.

Since we're giving fanciful opinions, I just havta say---I'd much rather see that restored as say, a HP cop car

You know the drill, Jake

" It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"
x2 best opinion yet! got the motorola speaker....

-
Back