[SOLD] 1971 Dart Swinger, B5 blue, 318, auto. Clean!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my B5 blue/black vinyl top/blue interior '71 Dart Swinger. Original California car (Bay area). 65K original miles. Very clean, original paint. Few dings and dents but no major body damage. No real rust to speak of except in the spare tire well, just some scale and a pin hole or two. One spot on the hood where the paint is peeling but no rot through. Quarters/fenders/doors/floors are spotless. Cleanest Mopar I have ever owned by far. Clear title in my name. I even have service paper work from the original owners.

318/904/7.25, 14" rallies all around. Manual brakes, front discs. Converted to floor shift column, manual steering. Floor shifter installation will need to be completed but the brackets are on the transmission, shifter just needs to be mounted and hooked up. Currently not running but can be trailered.

HVAC system has been removed for repairs, but nothing was discarded or sold off. The HVAC box has been repaired and treated to all new insulation and foams with a complete DMT kit. Box and A/C system needs to be reinstalled in car.

Asking $5K as it sits right now. Yank the 318, drop in your combo and go fast. I currently have another project waiting. However, I would like to see this go to a good home.

If a potential buyer is interested and if my asking price is met, I can include an '84 m.y. 360 short block core.

The car is in Huntington, NY 11743. That's North Shore Long Island, NY about 35 min. east of NYC.

Please PM for more details, I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

- Greg

driversidetrunkext.jpg

interior.jpg

Attachments

• 6450144-leftfront.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2,247
Why are these cars always so far away? Doesn't anyone live in Minnesota? :)

Sorry I missed this last week... Minnesota is notreally that far away. FYI, I've shipped several cars from the west coast (Las Vegas, S.F., San Diego etc.) to the NYC area all for under $1,000. The most recent one was earlier this year. Most of them have been in fairly remote places too and non running.

There's also the FABO transportation network. I'd be willing to bet transporters are scratching and clawing for work right now and might be willing to cut you a deal. Post up your needs and someone will let you know if they're available.

U Ship also works, you name your price and see if you get responses.

Anyway, I am happy to try and help any way I can if you're actually interested.

Made some progress on the car this weekend. Brakes are plumbed just need to be bled. The manual steering box is in too so it's getting closer to a running state.

Always willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Im still interested when it is drivable. Everyone wants to much to deliver it. As long it is up for a 5 hr trip.

id love to unload my half complete 71 dart for this, id love to help you get it running and drive the thing back to jersey. great price for this car..

As of 11/7/11, I have a 'verbal agreement' on the car. Potential buyer has told me that he is coming with trailer on Saturday 11/12. No deposit or payment has been received yet so sale is pending payment.

Any new developments will be updated then. :thumbup:

Finally! Car has been sold! New owner Steve, his good friend Chris and his daughter Erin came to pick up the Dart today. Both were extremely good guys and were Mopar men to the core so the car went to a good home. Here's a few pics of the Dart going down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_7254.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_7255.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_7258.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 481
Thanks boys, it really was a decent car. Honestly, my heart was just not into it. I could not justify spending what little money I have on a project that I was not 100% gung ho about. Kinda glad I didn't have to spend any more money on it to get it running either or include some of my parts stash to entice the buyer. I did do some work on it but probably would have been better off if it was a driver. Lesson learned, no more impulse buys! :-D

Truth be told, my wife was happy to see it go. She always gets the 'Hey, I bought a car off Ebay/FABO/Moparts, it's coming from California, it will be here in a half an hour' thing from me. Never a happy time. She is still pissed that I sold my old '65 Valiant and that was 3 years ago.

Funny how even a cool supportive, and encouraging woman like my wife has a hard time understanding the disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back