1971 Demon Rear end upgrade

-

Hemillama

Reaction score
Looking for advice on upgrading the rear end on my Demon, thinking 9.25 with disc conversion. Also wondering what the gear ratio may be in the existing stock one.
Suggestions on a make?
Where to buy?
How to properly measure existing?
Let the Horsepower begin!!

Looking for advice on upgrading the rear end on my Demon, thinking 9.25 with disc conversion. Also wondering what the gear ratio may be in the existing stock one.
Suggestions on a make?
Where to buy?
How to properly measure existing?
Let the Horsepower begin!!
I went with the 9.75 Strange 60 sold by Dr Diff. Just about a bolt in swap from the 8.75.

Scott put a S60 in his 66 after damaging the small pinion 8 3/4. I don't know if he got it from Dr. Diff or not but it has been taking abuse for quite a few years now. @pettybludart

527500CA-A05F-4E5C-B5AF-B59566FF13E4.jpeg

The question is really more disc brake related, Dr Diff does not know if the disc they sell will work with the 6.5 backspace of my wheels

The question is really more disc brake related, Dr Diff does not know if the disc they sell will work with the 6.5 backspace of my wheels
Lots of careful measuring unless you want to install and do a mock up. It's a roll of the dice to find someone out there with the same car, rear end with disc brakes, and the offset wheels you have. What did that rear end come out of?

Lots of careful measuring unless you want to install and do a mock up. It's a roll of the dice to find someone out there with the same car, rear end with disc brakes, and the offset wheels you have. What did that rear end come out of?
It would be a new Strange 60 made for the car, I would like to put the disc brakes on but they are not sure if they will fit. I’m hoping one of the gearheads on this site has had some experience

-
Back