1971 demon with 72 bucket covers

-

J.B.

Reaction score
I bought a 1971 Demon 340 that has 1972 Demon bucket covers instead of the correct 71’s. The seat it self should be the same correct? Should be just a cover design change? I want to change them to be correct.

I bought a 1971 Demon 340 that has 1972 Demon bucket covers instead of the correct 71’s. The seat it self should be the same correct? Should be just a cover design change? I want to change them to be correct.
I'd be interested in the seat covers for my Demon if they're in good condition.

They are in good condition
Please let me know how much you're asking for them and if you could send a picture or 2.
It it only the front buckets that have the incorrect covers, or the rear seat also.
Thanks! Mike

Please let me know how much you're asking for them and if you could send a picture or 2.
It it only the front buckets that have the incorrect covers, or the rear seat also.
Thanks! Mike
Send me your number

You might want to clip the hog rings off and check them. 72 pattern buckets have listing wires parallel on each side in the bottoms and backs. This forms the shape of the seat, the 71's have a different shape, especially on the bottom.

You might want to clip the hog rings off and check them. 72 pattern buckets have listing wires parallel on each side in the bottoms and backs. This forms the shape of the seat, the 71's have a different shape, especially on the bottom.
Can you explain the listing wires the squiggly support wires your referring too? Up and down or left and right?

Can you explain the listing wires the squiggly support wires your referring too? Up and down or left and right?

The frames are the same for 70 and 71 but I'm not sure if the seat foam is the same.

Here is a clip showing you what listing wires do.

-
Back