Not open for further replies.

Stroked408

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1971 Dodge Dart for sale. Clean and clear California title in my name. Registered Non-Op. Car is located in Hayward, CA about 12 miles south of Oakland. It's currently not running but I am in the process of getting it started. If you're interested in it, and need it running for shipping purposes, let me know. Someone just may want to swap the Slant 6 for a V8 and won't need it running. This will save some time and money from removing the tank, new sending unit, etc. It's been sitting since 2000. I have the original sales receipts from the dealership, keys, dealer license plate frames from East Oakland Dodge. Engine was replaced in 1998 by the dealer. Mileage is 77,707 which has not turned over. (not 177,707) Here are the specs:
225 cu in.
904 auto trans
8 3/4 rear w/ 489 case
Power steering
Manual brakes

Floors front and rear are solid. Trunk area is the worst due to the trunk gutter rusting out in the corners. It's only rusted through in the spare tire well. Bottom of rear quarters panels show signs of rust but are not that bad. Small spot on each driver/passenger rockers. Other than that, the frame rails and rockers are solid.

Interior: Headliner is sagging. Front and rear seats need recovering. Door panels are really clean and in good shape. Carpet is not bad (no rips). Dash is perfect no cracks.

The pictures should answer most questions. PM me if you need more specifics
As most of you know, the trunk floor pan, spare tire area, trunk gutter sheet metal can be found from AMD Direct.
I buffed out the passenger side of the car and it came out pretty decent, considering it was under a car cover outside.

Asking $4500 or best offer

71 Dart .JPG

Inked71 dart front grille _LI.jpg

71 dart pass side rear qtr .JPG

71 dart drvr side driveway.JPG

71 dart fender tag .jpg

Inked71 dart rear shot driveway_LI.jpg

71 dart driver seat.JPG

71 dart dash pad.JPG

71 dart speedo.JPG

71 dart rear seat.JPG

71 dart trunk inside.JPG

71 dart drv side trunk gutter rust.JPG

71 dart pass trunk gutter rust.JPG

71 dart drv rocker rust.JPG

71 dart drv rocker bottom.JPG

71 dart pass rear bottom qtr .JPG

71 dart 225 engine .JPG

71 dart 8.75 489 case.JPG

71 dart vinyl top bumps.JPG

71 dart door panel.JPG

71 dart front bench.JPG

8 3/4 behind a 6? Sweet! What would it take to get it running/driving?

Remove the old gas, inspect it for any debris, possibly boil/seal tank, or it could be clean inside. New sending unit, flush fuel lines, new fuel pump, new carb kit. I'll pull the plugs, a little Marvel's oil in each cylinder, hand turn and then try to fire up. Brakes would need to be gone through as well.

Updates:

This car has manual DISC brakes.

Old fuel removed. New fuel tank filler neck grommet and filler neck/trunk seal.
New fuel pump, filter and rubber hoses.
New battery, starter relay, negative battery cable
New plugs, cap/rotor, alternator and power steering belt.
The 185/75 14" tires were rotted/cracked, are being replaced this weekend with some 205/70/14 tires

71 Dart disc brakes.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back