1971 Dodge Demon Value

-
I would start at 2500.00 but I do agree with the 5K max that some of the members threw out there. Personally I would have to LOVE it to pay more that 3K. JMHO and 1.50 will get you a cup of coffee! :coffee2:

I am not sure where Mark is getting his coffee at for a $1.50...my opinion and $5 gets a cup here.

Do you want to drive it or look at it? Are you going to want a different one in two years? If you drive it, it will break, and you will fix it. This will repeat until there is no longer a part or cash. At that point you will find it on CL. You found it on CL....?

$2800 max....drive it like you stole it. Car needs metal to be right, then a welder, then a pile of hours. 7k in metal, bodywork, paint. Now you are at $9800 and you have not even touched the driveline. Good luck and happy motoring. Make sure it stays fun for you.

look at it this way... if that seller was asking $50,000 for it would you offer him more because of such?????? NO
best way for inexperienced buyer in this hobby is to NETWORK.. find some real mopar guys and let them help ya find a fair car and let them look it over and TAKE their informed opinion???? then buy them a them case of beer ( or in Ca maybe a box of wine!) LOL

99% of the guys saying 5g would be asking 10g if it was theirs. buy low sell high.

I will pay what I think is fair when I'm involved in something. I've paid more than asking on occasion, I've paid hat they were asking before, and I've beaten sellers up before. A few lessons learned:
- Value is not assigned by the seller. Ever.
- The less the detail in an ad, the more likely the seller's looking for a buyer to not know something.
- Only a few ads that say "rare" really are for something rare. It might only be rare locally, or isn't rare at all.
- "Desireable" is in the eye of the behonder.
- Whatever you can see for rust, assume there's 200% more elsewhere you cannot see.
- "Original" has at least 20 meanings more than I thought it meant.
- "Untouched" - see "original".
- fresh 2x4s should not be considered "structural repairs" on a car.

99% of the guys saying 5g would be asking 10g if it was theirs. buy low sell high.

No. I'd be in it for $3-4K. I'd fix it, paint it, and THEN ask $10K, expecting to get 8. BTW - I own a slanty Demon.. Cost me $200.

I own this car only nicer and in blue. /6 running gear with a 360 someone else put in it. The interior of my Demon is PERFECT with the exception of the bezel needing some restore. Carpet, vinyl, headliner, dash.... all perfect imo.

It's a repaint and starting to fade and there's a little surface rust in spots in the interior of the trunk.

The car sounds mean and drives REALLY well..... I paid less than the average price everyone here is calling out but I bought it from a relative and I was NOT looking to buy a car. He offered me a deal and I had already grown fond of the car and my wife gave the nod.

NOW I want to drop a new engine in and upgrade the rear end... and suspension. I have AT LEAST 15k worth of parts on my dream list. (and I have only 20% of the knowledge needed to build that car)

I think I may need to get out of the car and save up and buy something someone far more experienced built. (that's my story)

So if you want a California Demon that's clean, that is in better condition than what you've posted, and for less than what your guy is asking... PM me.

Here's a pic... ignore the hubcaps I swapped those with redline dogdish for the moment.

IMG_4908.JPG

if the body is an issue as it appears to be and there is not G or H code, you better grab the first 4k that comes by.

Exactly, like my buddy (Chevy guy) says, "Everybody thinks their s%&t is worth gold" I think hagerty and even NADA overprice a lot of A body values...how could he expect to get 10k for a car that needs 25k worth of restoration to be worth 20K.

If thats an original G or H code and the body work and interior can be done for $5000, then your looking at a $10k car. Not original V* car than about $7000. The estimates for 4 or 5k here are very undervalued. Ive seen several h code parts only cars selling for near that price. If its running well and an original H code, dont be afraid to invest 10k, youll get it back.

I always laugh at these what's it worth pages. Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I have been burned in the past. But the bottom line is, there is no real value of a car. Just what the next guy is willing to pay for one in the same shape. Or what some joe schmo thinks its worth. I sold a 69 Grande coupe recently for 31g. It was heavily modified and the guy really liked it. If you go by any "book" or "market will bear" nonsense then its worth nowhere near that much. If you like it and are satisfied with it go for it. Just know what your getting into.

-
Back