1971 duster 100% done..or atleast i think

-
I moved the leaf springs in 3" and the rear tires are M/T 29x12.5x15. I rub the inside fender wells when turning hard but nothing serious.

My avatar is of my RMD dash with the autometer phantom II gauges light up at night.

When i first got the car, it had this bumper on it which is for a valiant. It was in good condition so i left it.

It has taken me about 2.5 years to finish this car. The color is curious yellow and i wanted to keep the keep for this car because i couldn't decided on what to paint the car. Took a year for me to do the body work myself. the tail panel had been crushed in the middle, one of the rear corners had been dented, passenger door was wavy and a few small dents around the car. Once the paint was done then the suspension went on then the motor. While working on the motor i finished the interior which has two sparco milano 2 seats, 4pt roll bar and RMD dash.

Thanks for all the compliments.

That's a great looking car!

My oldest brother lives there, on El Sobrante.

Very nice and good choice with the Cragar's, but I hate to break it to ya Jon, when you think you're 100% done something else always crops up. That's the beauty of this addiction.:-D

sorry to add one more question to the list .....but.....you said your spring are in 3" on both sides (mine our on my duster also)....what did you do for exhaust and how did you route it?

I bought the summit 2.5" header back kit but since my springs are moved in.....there really isnt much I can do for tail pipes it looks like....maybe side exits in front of the rear tires.

what did you do? any pictures by chance?

the cragars are 15x10 i believe in back and 15x4 or 5 in front.

The shocks in the rear i believe are just simple drag shocks nothing fancy or adjustable. I might upgrade them later on once i get the car to track and start getting serious about drag racing.

I have the tti headers and used their flange couplings with the summit 2.5" x-pipe exhaust. i had to cut the 4 angled tubes down alot plus expand the ends so that i could create a slip joint. This made it easier to keep the exhaust together and find the perfect angles and then tacked them. The mufflers are hooker aerochambers and i have turn down tips which exit right before the axle. I will try to find a picture of the whole setup from underneath the car.

Sweet Duster!!!! How hard was it to replace the tail panel? I need to cut out mine (rust) and replace but was wondering how to do sso without butchering it.

Great-looking Duster! Love the entire package.

General somewhat-related question: what options determined which grill the Duster got? Yours has the much neater-looking "grater" style while I've seen others with the much more standard, non-flashy grill...

WOW Man!! That car is simply AMAZING!! I love it man, terrific job!! One day....I will get there...

Great-looking Duster! Love the entire package.

General somewhat-related question: what options determined which grill the Duster got? Yours has the much neater-looking "grater" style while I've seen others with the much more standard, non-flashy grill...

Mine did not come with the sharktooth grill. it came with the horizontal standard grill. i believe the sharktooth came on the 340 dusters.

-
Back