1971 plymouth 340 duster orange crush promotion show car y93

-
okay guys I've uploaded some pictures of my car so you can view the photos.

you are right - maybe 283 is the last one ! - I'll check my info sheets - I failed math - LOL

Y 13

dealer demo 69 gtx

according to experts its possibly the only one made this color .

Attachments

• 000_1197.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 908
you are right - maybe 283 is the last one ! - I'll check my info sheets - I failed math - LOL

LOL, I saw that the info was copied from Curries ad, so figured I'd throw it out there. Have you found any more info out on these cars??

no more info yet, still waiting for Chrysler to call me back, sure would be nice to have the whole story on the cars history

Can anyone tell me why there is a 2.5 inch diameter by 14 inches long tube fastened to my trunk floor on the drivers side and also fastened to the inner fender well, there is a cap on top but it won't come off, there is nothing going to it or nothing coming from it.

It was part of the one-year (or partial year-only) fuel system used in 71. I think it was used for venting/expansion, and was used in parcel with the 71-only fuel cap.

Grant

It was part of the one-year (or partial year-only) fuel system used in 71. I think it was used for venting/expansion, and was used in parcel with the 71-only fuel cap.

Grant
thanks for the info - I think you are right

Just for anyone that is interested, not much news in regards to finding out any more history on these cars except the Hamtramck Historical Society along with Nigel at National Moparts said it was possibly one of the promotional cars built for Chrysler for that year. I'm still waiting for Galen Govier to get back to me to see if he can dig up any info.

Love the orange on orange and just bought an ev2 duster with the orange houndstooth interior. Just out of curiousity, the pictures I looked through of ev2's car (which looks awesome) appears to have 73-74 seats in it. Is that how the car came and it has the black stripes in it also? I'm interested in this kind of stuff and love the orange on orange but was just curious on what appeared to be a later year interior and if it came that way and thats what sets it appart from the 71 style orange bucket seats.

When i got 1986 the car buddy had taking the buckets and back seat put the in a brown duster and would not sell them back then moved then i heard throw them out years later

Attachments

• DSC03211.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 641
When i got 1986 the car buddy had taking the buckets and back seat put the in a brown duster and would not sell them back then moved then i heard throw them out years later

That's a real nice engine compartment !

You must really like chrome. I dont think I see one painted part on the engine.

does anyone know anything of a Y93 code on a 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible? The code is on the tag but I cannot find any info on what it means. This is a very early car, last 6 of VIN is 100058, built 1 aug.

1971 PLYMOUTH 340 DUSTER ORANGE CRUSH PROMOTION SHOW CAR Y93 CODE This vehicle was built on the first day of production for the 1971 model year. It was ONE OF FIVE produced on behalf of the Orange Crush Soft Drink Company for A Special Canadian Nationwide Promotion. “Fill in your ballot for your chance to Win” “One of FIVE Orange on Orange” “1971 Plymouth 340 Dusters” These cars were equipped with just about every option available for the 1971 Model Year. This Duster was the first one produced for this program with the V.I.N. ending in 279, the last one was V.I.N. 284. Orange Crush hired All-Star Rusty Staub of the Montreal Expo’s as there pitch man. Staub’s nickname in Montreal was “Le Grand Orange” Due to the fact that he had bright reddish orange hair and spoke fluent French! He was a natural fit for this promotion! This vehicle is a minor piece of automotive history. I have never seen another “Orange Crush Duster” let alone any other Duster with an orange interior. **If you have any information; on one of these rare Dusters please let me know! I am trying to find out as much history as possible.

i just put up a rare duster 1971 orange interior:)

i have a orange interior 1971 i just put up for sale here, i heard the orange interiors are very rare too and mines a factory brillaint white with orange interior!

Well, I own one on these cars, just purchased it last week here in Ontario, the vin ends in 0279, this car is in excellent condition and is beautiful inside and out.

Just curious....did you buy Ralph's orange crush duster?

-
Back