1971 plymouth 340 duster orange crush promotion show car y93

-

ev2

old guy
Reaction score
1971 PLYMOUTH 340 DUSTER ORANGE CRUSH PROMOTION SHOW CAR Y93 CODE This vehicle was built on the first day of production for the 1971 model year. It was ONE OF FIVE produced on behalf of the Orange Crush Soft Drink Company for A Special Canadian Nationwide Promotion. “Fill in your ballot for your chance to Win” “One of FIVE Orange on Orange” “1971 Plymouth 340 Dusters” These cars were equipped with just about every option available for the 1971 Model Year. This Duster was the first one produced for this program with the V.I.N. ending in 279, the last one was V.I.N. 284. Orange Crush hired All-Star Rusty Staub of the Montreal Expo’s as there pitch man. Staub’s nickname in Montreal was “Le Grand Orange” Due to the fact that he had bright reddish orange hair and spoke fluent French! He was a natural fit for this promotion! This vehicle is a minor piece of automotive history. I have never seen another “Orange Crush Duster” let alone any other Duster with an orange interior. **If you have any information; on one of these rare Dusters please let me know! I am trying to find out as much history as possible.

That sounds awesome, I want to see one now, good luck and post pic's if you find any.

Well, I own one on these cars, just purchased it last week here in Ontario, the vin ends in 0279, this car is in excellent condition and is beautiful inside and out.

can you email me you phone number and some pictures would love to chat a little thanks steve ( no emails addy in public forums please) Staff member memike.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait a minute.....you both have orange crush promotional dusters, with the vin.s ending in 279??

I have a buddy with an orange 71 duster, and his has orange interior. hmmm I wonder if his is an orange crush duster. I don't know his vin number. Did the all orange interior only come in these promotional cars? I was thinking this was available in any ev2 duster that year. I happen to own a fj5 limelight 71' 340 duster. This is supossedly odd, because that color was dropped from the 71' color availabilty, as sassy grass was the new 71' color. I'v never seen another limelight 71. only 70s

Hello there guys, I'm the person with the 71 Duster with the vin ending in 0279, just purchased it last week from a person in Cobourg Ontario same place I live too, very sweet car, I'll get a few pics sometime this week if possible, nice to see it draws a little interest, I see some real nice cars on here too.

I have a buddy with an orange 71 duster, and his has orange interior. hmmm I wonder if his is an orange crush duster. I don't know his vin number. Did the all orange interior only come in these promotional cars?
my brother knows a guy with a black/orange stripes/orange interior Duster, but I can't remember if it's a '70 or a '71

PLEASE post more pics!!!!! I hadn't heard of these special package cars being built before and would love to know more about them. Can you post a fender tag pic by chance??

sure would like to send in some pics but I can't get the to upload - my fault as usual - lol

I saw an orange Duster with orange seats in Red Deer a few years back. The orange seats struck me as being pretty rare. I wonder if it was one of these cars.

1971 PLYMOUTH 340 DUSTER ORANGE CRUSH PROMOTION SHOW CAR Y93 CODE This vehicle was built on the first day of production for the 1971 model year. It was ONE OF FIVE produced on behalf of the Orange Crush Soft Drink Company for A Special Canadian Nationwide Promotion. “Fill in your ballot for your chance to Win” “One of FIVE Orange on Orange” “1971 Plymouth 340 Dusters” These cars were equipped with just about every option available for the 1971 Model Year. This Duster was the first one produced for this program with the V.I.N. ending in 279, the last one was V.I.N. 284. Orange Crush hired All-Star Rusty Staub of the Montreal Expo’s as there pitch man. Staub’s nickname in Montreal was “Le Grand Orange” Due to the fact that he had bright reddish orange hair and spoke fluent French! He was a natural fit for this promotion! This vehicle is a minor piece of automotive history. I have never seen another “Orange Crush Duster” let alone any other Duster with an orange interior. **If you have any information; on one of these rare Dusters please let me know! I am trying to find out as much history as possible.

Love too see the fender tag too. The Orange/Orange interior Dusters are rare but not unheard of. It looks like the orange crush had the V24 option added to it. Very interesting piece of history, and the fact it's such an early build car, love to know the scheduled build date.

What a cool story.
I would like to hear more about it.
BTW, i always loved Orange Crush!

as soon I can get my pictures shrunk to the proper size I will post them along with the fender tag

WOW! I just saw the pics on your profile EV2, and that is one rare car. That is the only V24 Duster i've seen that did not have the 5X8 interior code for the upper door frames, that had black trim in the interior.

Ev2 is a buddy of mine in Alberta, Canada. I have seen his Orange Crush 71 340 4-speed DUSTER many times. I have never seen another like it anywhere. Orange/black exterior, AND Orange/ black INTERIOR. The earliest vin I have ever seen on any Mopar.

wow, so i guess that the 71 340 auto that was ev2 with the orange interior was worth saving..........................................

-
Back