1971 plymouth 340 duster orange crush promotion show car y93

-
Not seeing pics is killing me.

Linky no workie, either.

this thread is completely and totally worthless and should be deleted . not one picture other than some chrome parts

The owner had a posting in Quintecar a few years ago... thats why I was wondering if there was an update. If you google the above and Y93 it should come up. Nice looking car with the right options...

I had a couple of "Orange crush Dusters " They were orange and I crushed them. Some at the scrap yard and some on the street, They are the only orange crush Duster's That I know of. I also Had some Green, Brown, Yellow, Blue, Red and white. Crush Dusters. They all crush the same once they are crushed the value declines.

b37[1].jpg

DSCN2777 (2).JPG

Picture 010.jpg

I just checked out the pics . The one car doesn't have 71 seat frames. I typed in the code to the fender tag decoder. the code y93 came up as a special interior door frame code. Could be gloss black door frames on the interior with the V24 hood treatment package which should be semi gloss. That would have to be special order.

I have seen many of these orange 71's with orange interiors. They were always called holloween cars in sales brochures I never heard of "Orange Crush".
Were the green cars called "Mountain Dew" ???

:
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

: Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

: Sequence number

: Exterior Color
: Trim - Unknown, Unknown, Unknown Color
Y93: Int. Door Frames
: Build Date:
: Order number

Y93 is a Promo code car. A sequence less than 300 and a August build are pretty rare. There was a write up on the lost seats in the alberta car where he sold them and couldnt get them back.

These are all the Y90 codes listed.
Y90 unknown
Y91 Show car finish A
Y92 Show car finish B
Y93 Special interior Door frame paint
Y94 Special Exhibit unit
Y95 5 gallons of gasoline
Y96 10 Gallons of gasoline
Y97 3 Gallons of gasoline

I find this Orange Crush code a little hard to believe . If it would be a Y94 Maybe a promo car. But the name Orange Crush I have never heard of. And like I said I had three of these orange with orange interiors, Dusters and a Demon. Show me a promotion ad that verifies your stories. Make a believer out of me and I'll admit I'm wrong. Orange Crush . Really? And now your cars are Priceless so you chrome them?

I have a 71 Demon 340 4 speed Hemi orange with orange and black interior September build
Did they have demons in this ad?

It was the Pop (Orange Crush) and the Montreal Expos, specifically Rusty Staub, which were tied to the Promotion. It was only a small series (5 or 6) 71 Dusters all with the same options. Auto, pins, wing, and V24. 3 of the cars were found when this chain started.
There was a guy with a green 71 promo car on here as well, just an early car to help with car sales. Love the demon, love to see the tag.

The Alberta car goes by the handle EV2 on here. He has had it at least 10 years, he sold a 71 blue bench car around 5 years ago. Thought he would chime in but I see he hasnt been on in a while. I remember he sent me a picture of a round Y93 dogtag from the inside when he started the rebuild but i dont think he had the build sheet.

It was the Pop (Orange Crush) and the Montreal Expos, specifically Rusty Staub, which were tied to the Promotion. It was only a small series (5 or 6) 71 Dusters all with the same options. Auto, pins, wing, and V24. 3 of the cars were found when this chain started.
There was a guy with a green 71 promo car on here as well, just an early car to help with car sales. Love the demon, love to see the tag.
I can believe there was such a promotion. Chrysler Plymouth ran all kinds of promotional contests and give away type deals, also regional ones. I have a license plate in metal that is from a dealer of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Plymouth Duster.

20180413_115128.jpg

I believe this car may very well be what they say it is. However I hope the owner can get final confirmation on the provenance of this duster, as this would save all the guess work. The car indeed has an unusual or what appears to be a pre production number. Ive had the pleasure of seeing this car up close and a little personal. It would be nice to see it finally confirmed. Ive got a few pics of this car through various stages of development. I may take my old school glossy photos to port hope some night.
ps It is said that their was an orange crush duster in a collection in the basement of the world trade centre, just another twist in this crushing mystery.

Decided to revive this...any more info on the Orange Crush 71 dusters.
I have been told that there were only 4 made???

20160701_130502 (1).jpg

Took this at a car show in Southern Alberta around 2016, I might have more pics on my desktop, but I'm just outside Chicago at the moment. It caught my eye because of the Orange Crush connection, car was in exceptional shape when I saw it.

You will find most ppl are nay sayer’s. Cause they don’t want to believe anything out of the ordinary. I believe it is surely possible that car is out there. Kim

A very knowledgeable friend has told me the "Orange Crush" cars were all 6 cylinder equipped and
the promo was just the colour scheme

-
Back