[SOLD] 1971 plymouth duster 4 speed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a beautiful car i love the color,very nice detail and reasonably priced in my opinion. I second rrvolare's suggestion of the nats,EBay has all those charges and Craigs List brings out all the low ballers/crazies. I would advertise it on one of those classic car internet sites or consign it [i personally won't sell my mopars] good luck and again beautiful car.

I know what you mean by making room ... i had 3 also at one time ... they just sat ... and eventually cost me money just sitting there ... I barely have time for one ... let alone 2 i have left .
Our hobby is in the toilet as far as coming close to getting back , what you have into it ...
Mopar Nats around the corner ... in your neck of the woods ..

Hers, so you think someone will pay 25 or more when times are good?????? probably not....I consider this being a deal, because of the downturn, like I said parts, time and paint work hasnt come down along with prices of cars, This car was done and time was spent 10 11 years ago when things were booming, hence the money spent on it. and here it is all these years later at alot less....jump in turn key, done. Thats worth something to alot of people........theres a bottom that a piece is worth I dont care what someone says.....if things were booming in the mopar world like they were you wouldnt sniff a all correct perfect car under 30.....and this car would be worth well into the 20's all day long. At asking 20 grand Its a very fair deal. My stockbroker says you dont buy a stock when its on fire....you wait till it tanks, then you buy so I dont agree with your thinking....sorry Hers......
Yeah nats are 6 hours from me and several years ago I paid more than 20k for the car cause it was the nicest duster I looked at , yes i looked at original cars but none of them were as nice...with out dumping a ton more into them...then were you at...cause they all wanted as much or more than I paid for this car. Made more sense to me to get this one....so Yes I had my fun, and Im going to lose some money cause of the down turn, but no ones telling me this car is a 15 16 or 17 grand car.:wack:

NOT a very good comparison stocks and MOPARS ... You buy stock primarily to make money ... Don't think you are going to make much profit buying MOPARS now OR near future ...ESPECIALLY if you bought or restored the mopar prior to 4 years ago ...
I am not knocking your car , or your selling price .... I would do be asking the same if not more ... IF yours was and ORIGINAL 340 car i would try and make a deal with you... I'm sorry i just prefer original 340 cars ...
I almost bought an ORIGINAL 70 340 duster ( roughly 60000 miles ) from a gentleman by the name of VINNIE from NJ about "4-5 years ago "... at that time MOPARS were it ... i was willing to pay 20000 .. but he wanted "22000"... ended up buying Swinger instead .
I think its going to be worse next year for Mopars .... and other makes ...
AGAIN > i would have to say the BEST NON 340 Duster i have seen in a LONG time ...
GOOD LUCK i hope in the end .. you get 20+ for that fine piece !

A big difference between now and 2000 is that the new cars are much better as well. In 2000 if you wanted a rwd 1/2 performance car from Dodge the closest thing was a Dakota R/T. Now look at the latest Challenger. Same thing with Ford and GM. The current Mustang and Camaro is so far above what they were in 2000 that the old car guys are just going modern. Looks, performance, price, all excellent with the 2012s. If I had $20,000 to spend I could get either a brand new, 2012 Mustang or Challenger, 300hp v6. Then if I acutally drove it everyday I wouldn't make a $30,000 restoration about worthless in 5 years. Where the Duster would be worth $8000, the 5 year old car would still bring probably $13,000. Sooner or later I think the new cars will go out of style again, at least for a 10-20 year period. Especially when the EPA starts making them suck again (like through the mid 70s and 80's). Then there will be return to the classics again. Also in a growing economy we will get inflation again which will help. I do think it's possible to get the money you are asking or at least some close offers, you never know just what somebody decides they have to have and like you say, they can't build it themselves for anything near that price.
Then again Obama could get elected again and then you will be lucky to trade it for a cart of groceries!

As the old saying goes "there is an *** for every seat". Unfortunately, with economy on the slippery slope south chances of getting what you are asking is slim to none. Even though it is a fine representation of 340 car. The upside is that it is a 4 spd car. Almost all guys i know prefer that over auto. Hersbird you could buy newer v6 car for reliability but just to get your azz stomped by these young kids whose daddy spent the xtra dollars for junior to have the 5.0 rustang or 5.7 chally. The new cars just aren't the same. I'll stick with old school that has less to go wrong with them. Just my two cents.

The 2011 up v6 mustang runs 13.7 @ 102 mph bone stock and gets 30 mpg. Whatever you have there will always be somebody faster. That's also faster then the quickest 340 Duster ever ran stock.
I'm sorry for the thread hyjack, I'll quit. I was just trying to explain the question of why people buy newer cars.

As the old saying goes "there is an *** for every seat". Unfortunately, with economy on the slippery slope south chances of getting what you are asking is slim to none. Even though it is a fine representation of 340 car. The upside is that it is a 4 spd car. Almost all guys i know prefer that over auto. Hersbird you could buy newer v6 car for reliability but just to get your azz stomped by these young kids whose daddy spent the xtra dollars for junior to have the 5.0 rustang or 5.7 chally. The new cars just aren't the same. I'll stick with old school that has less to go wrong with them. Just my two cents.

Exactly....there is an *** for everyseat....and there is money out there...I think some of you guys are watching to much cnn...lol....the economy is better than most people think. Lets face it people that have money still spend money, we have 3 family businesses and were doin fine...setting records? no...but doin fine...I personally bought two more hotrods in the last 10 months....one reason Im moving this car. AND yes there isnt a new car out there that shivers me spine goin through the gears like old iron...sorry. Not argueing, just what I like...and as thick as the year one catalog is, I gotta believe Im not alone....lol. Thanks guys.

The 2011 up v6 mustang runs 13.7 @ 102 mph bone stock and gets 30 mpg. Whatever you have there will always be somebody faster. That's also faster then the quickest 340 Duster ever ran stock.
I'm sorry for the thread hyjack, I'll quit. I was just trying to explain the question of why people buy newer cars.

You make valid points,....and yes I dread the day that may happen when we wont have these cars anymore.....Bottom line most guys and gals own these cars because it takes them back to there youth!...when times were simplier and they had less stress in there life..lol....its an escape. I had two modern muscle cars....sold them both. Just wasnt the same....driving a 30mpg, quiet exhausted car that runs 13's is great.....but not a comparison to the days of old for me personally. And hey lets face it..lol....why are there so many threads and sites with thousands of members like this one..if everyone wants the new stuff? :-k

I must say I've enjoyed this thread. Cogent arguments on all sides. The car is a beauty. I want old iron for the exact reason 71DD points out--it reminds me of a simpler time. However, I must admit that the other point made about a newer car has crossed my mind during my search for an old Mopar. The new Challengers make me drool. The lines are beautiful on that car. And, as mentioned, the modernity is nice and I can finance the thing for a small interest rate. I'm still conflicted, but continue to look at old (and new). I hope you sell that car for your asking price. It's obvious you are a detail guy!

Im listing my 1971 duster for sale, car had rotissere restoration in the early 2000's, in detroit. Glass out, trim off...soda blasted, ect...have pics as well of it in progress. Car is plum crazy, 4 speed, (rebuilt). 8 3/4 with 391 gears, 380 horse roller magnum crate engine, with m1, and holley, centerforce clutch,griffin rad,5 blad mopar clutchfan,alt, mopar perf dizzy, hooker headers into 3 inch and cross over,starter, mopar battery,bf goodrich tires, all new interior, belts,head liner,carper, dashpads perfect, original tuff wheel,new ss springs, gas tank, all chrome is replated or like new original,bumpers,ect car is straight as an arrow,......15 inch rallys with new trim rings and centers, go wing, shark tooth grill, every nut and bolt on this car has been replaced, under neath is perfect and detailed, car runs 100% and is respectively quick, turn key car, wax and drive. Probably nicer than new in 1971....have reciepts and full documentation over well over 30k....Im asking best reasonable money over 20k. You will not find a duster with this much in time and parts and quality for less. Im in pa.
New pics :)

Attachments

• duster side 4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 134
  • duster side 5.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 145
  • duster fr.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 4756723752725.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.