Not open for further replies.

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Located In Westport, Washington.

It has taken me several years to consider this, but now is the time. I've owned this 71' Duster since the summer of 2001. I purchased it from a friend while in high school. I have not worked on it much since my child was born in 2011, and I have another on the way. I simply don't have the time to finish this project.

Engine:Originally a slant 6 904 car, I pulled a 318 from a late 70's Dodge Diplomat. The engine was rebuilt in the summer of 02'. It is bored .030 over, has Sealed Power cast pistons, Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock valve springs, new rings, bearings, etc. Lunati Bracket Master II camshaft. Edelbrock 600 CFM manual choke carburetor. Lokar kickdown and throttle cables. I believe the ignition is a Proform HEI style ignition that I bought from a member here years ago. Edelbrock chrome valve covers and air cleaner. New radiator purchased 2008; has never had water in it. The engine probably has less than 20 miles on it, last ran back in 04'. It has been primed every few years and turned over. The engine also has a Summit ministarter and Hedman headers, which are installed, but no exhaust is hooked up to them. I believe the rear main seal needs replaced, as the engine leaks while sitting.

Transmission: a 904 that I traded with a friend. He bought it online in 02' off of Ebay, rebuilt. Supposedly has a steeper 1st gear, as it was purchased from a shop that specializes in drag trannies. I have no documentation on this, and he cannot remember the name of the shop. Since I can't prove it, just assume it is a stock 904, with a chance of being something else. I have never ran this transmission.

Front suspension: Over the past two years, I have worked on converting this car from 4 wheel drums to 4 wheel discs. Purchased a used 73'+ 5x4.5 front end disc conversion from a fellow FABO member. I repainted the upper control arms, and installed those special Moog upper bushings. I would recommend new front rotors. Has new pads. Brand new KYB shocks. I have worked on hand painting metal on the frame and body in that area to ward off rust. Not professional, but better than it was.

Rear Suspension: XHD Mopar springs from Firm Feel, as well as their front leaf spring mounts with two mounting holes. a Ford 8.8 axle from a 97' Ford Explorer that was shortened on one side to properly fit the car. It is a 3.73 limited slip, with new Yukon axle shafts, bearings and seals. I built this between 2010 and 2011. Disc brakes on the rear! New rotors and pads. Trick Flow differential cover/girdle. This summer I installed a Wilwood brake line adjuster and new brake lines. I also installed a power brake booster that I purchased from a fellow FABO member.

Driveline: I ordered and received a Denny's steel driveshaft a few months ago. Custom built. 1310 u-joint in the rear, stock in the front.

Body: Body needs work. The front fenders are pulled off, and will post pics of those later. They both have small rust holes on the bottom. Both rear quarter panels need to be replaced, as I found a mound of bondo on both sides after I started sanding it around 2009. They need replaced because they have a lot of tiny dents in them. As far as I know, the doors are okay, except for some rust around the door handles. Needs new bumpers. I took out the aftermarket sunroof, as I thought it looked tacky. There is a member here that provided instructions on how to fix this. All of the glass is good. Needs weather stripping and trim. Some areas of the body have surface rust due to being sanded. I bought a used grille years ago from a fellow FABO member that I will include. None of the plastic is broken, which makes a great start for a resto job.

Miscellaneous: I have a new gas tank that I painted black years ago. It also includes the sending unit, Mopar gas tank grommet, and other pieces. the interior is stripped.

This car is a solid project for a motivated person. My plan was to make this an autocross car, or at the minimum a car that could turn corners. I know I'll never get what I put in to this project, and there is tons yet to be done. The wheels are NOT included, as they are not mine. I may be able to figure something out before the sale, but that's not guaranteed.

I'm asking $2,500. I'm willing to talk and consider trades. I ultimately want a car that I can at least drive. I'm located in Westport, Washington. I have no way to transport. Please see the pics in the next post.

Pictures

Attachments

• driveshaft.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,461
  • duster 9.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,429
  • duster 8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,413
  • duster 7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,431
  • duster 6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,433
  • duster 5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,417
  • duster 4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,413
  • duster 3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,456
  • duster 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • duster.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,437
more

Attachments

• vada duster.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,422
  • grille.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,418
  • gas tank 3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,424
  • gas tank 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,428
  • gas tank.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,411
UPDATED PRICE: $1,800 OBO.​

Willing to trade partially for tools, or small block Chevy parts (don't throw tomatoes at me). I picked up a 81' El Camino, which is my current project.

Make me an offer! At best, you can look at it like this: you are buying a fresh 8.8 axle and springs, a 5 x 4.5 conversion front end, a fresh 318, and the car is thrown in for free.

Other notes: I think it's the oil pan leaking, not the rear main seal. Also, the wheels will come with it. I can't go back and edit the original post.

A great project for a motivated person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back