1971 Plymouth Scamp 29,000 mile what's it worth question

-
Reaction score
My brother bought a '71 Plymouth Scamp Slant Six years back and has been working on it for years; with no intention of driving it.

My other older brother wants it(he has plenty of money), but he lives out of state and his wife doesn't want him to get an older car.

The Scamp is all original and in mint shape. My brother had the head shaved, heavy duty push rods installed, along with the 2 barrell setup for added horsepower.

He updated the Refridgerent for the A/C and changed the O-Rings, along with a lot of other updates.

I told him to buy one again, needing a complete paint job, aside from bodywork would run at least $6,000 not including the cost of the car. And another $2,000 or more for the interior to be redone. I'm into B-bodies, he is a A-body guy.

How much for a very nice original '71 Scamp?? I know it's not a 340 car, but it's nice. I've been telling him to keep it, but last September he said he didn't want to wait for my older brother.

Personally, if I had the influence, he should keep it, he has never had a car ripped apart and restored...

Any help is appreciated!!

100_2829_0001.jpg

100_2840.jpg

100_2816_0001.jpg

100_2832.jpg

100_2823_0001.jpg

100_2826.jpg

100_2841.jpg

100_2847.jpg

100_2844.jpg

I was thinkin around the same $5k. Not to say that someone wouldn't pay more, but that is what it is worth.

i got a scamp and i pay 1,250 but in ok shape need fennder and rear panles it has 73,000 miles

Man, these pictures look better then the ones on Moparts. I still say $5000.Hard time to sell a car though.

Very nice looking Scamp. I could see the right buyer paying up to $6K for it. But with the economy the way it is, it would have to be "the right buyer".

Very nice looking Scamp. I could see the right buyer paying up to $6K for it. But with the economy the way it is, it would have to be "the right buyer".

Thats what Im saying. I got $7000 for my 71 Scamp last year. It still needed a rear/suspension and brakes but had a built 340 in it. All most as clean as that one. I was pretty lucky to get that much though.

Come on guys you all know Scamps aren't worth anything!
Just drop that off at my house with title and keys and i'll make sure it's disposed of properly!:snakeman::-D

He upgraded to the 15 inch Rally's, tires rims/center caps, were all new. I know he would never part with it for some of the estimates(I hope he keeps it), he won't own a mopar!!

I'm into '68-'70 Chargers and I spent over $3,000 alone, having my interior redone; it's sad that the A-bodies aren't holding any value. Even on an A-body, by the time you buy a complete Legendary interior(they are the only kits that fit!!), you will still spend a $2 to $3,000 on having it gone through(correctly, not by a amatuer).

Hopefully the a-bodies will come up in value, it's a shame for the mopar enthusiats, that either don't like the B, C, and E bodies, or don't have the money to restore them.

Anytime I see a mopar on the road, it puts a smile on my face..

I hope they stay worthless. Otherwise I wont be able to afford them.

-
Back