1972 Demon Build

-
Sorry to hear about the baby, man. My oldest brother and his wife went through that a few years ago, it was rough on them.

Keeping my nose to the stone. God is good and he has blessed us before. Moments like this hurt and the hardest was watching each of my other children react as each had a special hope for their new sibling. My children mean the world to me. Keeping myself busy takes the sting out a bit.

Ok,took the tail light housings to powdercoat and got a call today saying they were a no-go. Blasted and first attempt didn't work due to off-gassing. Stripped and powdercoat seal applied with a pre-bake still no way. I guess I will need to paint instead.

Couldn't powder coat. Will shoot with paint instead.

Attachments

• P3110127 (2).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 485
  • P2190051 (2).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 442
Should have been reading for my exam, but nice weather meant I need to get other stuff done. Got a coat or two down on the tail light housings and cleaned and prepped the **** out of the grill and bezels. A little hazing and crackles in the marker light covers. I will see what I can do. If not to above driver quality I have another set.

Attachments

• P3120017 (2).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 419
  • P3120015 (2).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 415
  • P3120012 (2).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 374
  • P3120011 (2).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 447
  • P3120010 (2).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 424
Well after blast and rust removal and baking to try to powder coat these are as good as the will get.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 415
I am still cleaning the grill! I think I have about 6 hours in the grill and another 2 in the bezels cleaning off 40+ years of crap. I have half of the center slats to go to remove residual grime in each little F#^ng square. Then I will paint. Studying for my exams and taking work breaks in between. Until I get the stripes from Triggerman I won't be able to match the red to what I will put in the grill.

Step one on grill was a complete clean of grill and bezels. Took over 8 hours. Then was a tape job to hit first coat of color in a Satin Black. This will match chin spoiler. Still trying to decide on second coat in white with silver metal flake or silver like I did on my Swinger. Then white accents. Final color will be red center stripe to match car's side stripes once I pick them up. Just an FYI masking off all the different pieces is a pain in the ***!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 377
This motor will be for sale at Mopars at the Rock. If it sells great. If not, it is going in the Demon. Wifey says I can build another and I really just cant decide on BB or SB anyway. Decked and stroker prep, balanced, 4.000 stroke Scat 9000 crank, Scat Pro I beam Rods and ARP 2000 bolts, Mahle Pro Coated Premium Forged Lightweight Pistons (.030) over, Melling HV oil pump, Moroso deep pan. Intake RPM Air Gap topped with an EDL 750 with electric choke, Cam is Herbert Racing Cam E5N-HYD F/T. J heads with big valves, 3 Angle job, cleaned up around ports with 1.5 roller rockers. Revs quick and should be frisky enough to make the average woman giggle. Trans is 904 with reverse manual valve body and deep pan, gone through and all new seals.

[ame]https://youtu.be/osQUXX5AmRA[/ame]

You ain't lying Bro-par....All my kids were in the shop with my wife. They were petting my buddies rabbits and feeding them when we cranked it. My wife said she damn near tossed the rabbit in the air! Kids were frozen in place with donuts in their hands....awesome. Thing revs like a raped ape!

Pulled the floor pan and installed new one. Trunk out but needed trunk extensions on both sides. One side of US car tools mini tub kit tacked in place. Need spring relocation kit. Windshield out next to pull dash and steering column.

Attachments

• P3250010.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 233
  • P3250007.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 252
  • P3250006.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 301
  • P3250005.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 225
  • P3250004.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 296
  • P3250003.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 258
  • P3250002.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 288
  • P3250009.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 262
Ok. Spring relocation kits and rear suspension suggestions. There will be plenty of HP to the wheels. Driver duty with trip to track for ***** and giggles. 74 Swinger has SS setup and rides nicer than the 72 with Catracs and single mono leaf. Whatcha think??

Picked up U.S. Car tools spring relocation kit. Will give me time to think about rear suspension. Did not want to get the full chassis stiffening deal. I think my buddy and I can fabricate some of that. Looking forward to Mopars at the Rock!

Rain today so we worked instead of going to the Rock. I had the wife and number two tear down a motor for me while i worked on the Demon.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0035 (2).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0036 (2).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 271
Trunk pan and extensions in place. Floor pan in and sealed. Mini-tub complete and welded in and sealed. Digging out some old mud on passenger rear. Cleaned up floor and will seal and install body plugs. Pulled column and Dash out. Wires are **** so I will need to replace or repair. Rear harness had burns from a short and under dash had some chewed on. Front window out to expose a pillar rust that needs repaired. Car was undercoated. Will pull front fenders and try to remove, clean, seal, and lizard skin. Waiting for spring relocation kit. Got a list of parts as long as my arm to order. Going to pause on heavy stuff until 408 sells.

Attachments

• DSC_0056 (2).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0054 (2).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0053 (2).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_0052 (2).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0051 (2).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0049 (2).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC_0048 (2).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 244
All pans in place. Repaired all metal along roof on inside where water leaked through rotten drip rail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 176
Pillars were rusted on both sides, cut out the crap and replaced with new metal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 184
Hit it with a grinder to see where old mud was and cut out and patched under hood at cowl on both sides

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 241
-
Back