-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiddart1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
The time has come, my dad said sell it!! He has other interests and my brothers and I have no time or space to keep it. The car has the best of everything I mean everything. Here is the run down, my dad is 74 years old and just wants to slow down and not worry anymore. The car has never been cut or altered from what we know, 4 speed hump still in car. This car is as clean underneath as it is on the outside. When purchased we were told this is factory paint, can’t prove it but that’s what we were told. We have more hours in this car than our own cars as you can see. Once you see the car you won’t be disappointed this car is a real head turner and super straight driver. (One finger on the wheel down the track and street) the car attracts a crowd when ever out.
  • 1972 340 4 speed clone now has a 402 C.I. 435 hp MP create motor still new very little miles.
  • 727 torque flight, alto red clutches, bands with cheetah reverse valve body hits hard
  • 3800 turbo action convertor
  • Hurst quarter stick reverse pattern
  • 5 inch monster tac with shift light
  • 3 inch X pipe with flow master exhaust dumps at axle
  • Very new year correct black bucket interior(door panels seat covers head liner carpet with dyna matt)
  • Complete set with tires date correct rally rims
  • 1 set 15 X 8 centerline rims
  • 1 set 28 x 9 x15 MT slick with Centerline rims mounted to match
  • 1 Full set centerline rims as pictured on car
  • Six Pac lift off hood as pictured
  • Original steel hood with 340 scoop non functional
  • Sizzler stripe package on car
  • Car comes with complete 4 speed set up (shifter, linkage, pedals, etc.)(Extra not installed)
  • Drive shaft loop
  • Year one go wing
  • 8 ¾ rear end 4.10 with strange spool
  • Competition engineering slide-a-links
  • Competioin engineering 3-way shocks in rear
  • Complete new front end 2 years ago done at Jakes Automotive
This car will also be at the Autorama in detroit, look for us we can talk
There is more I am sure I will alter the description if needed. If you need more pictures just ask and please no picture collectors
Asking $18,000.00 this is a super clean car!!!!

for questions or need more Pictures I have every panel pictured on this car, contact me or PM Me here
(586) 864-5346 Cell or
[email protected]

Thanks A-Bodies only for the add

Demon pic.jpg

That is a great looking A-body. Would make somebody a proud owner. Good luck on the sale.

Great looking Demon good luck on the sale .8)
Thanks Jomoper

Hemimark it seems to be that you are an expert in this class what would a smart guy like your self pay for a show quality Demon. yes its a clone but I am guessing the duster in you Avitar didnt come with the hemi shown, so please tell me what you would pay!!!!

Comments welcome

NOM ?

We should have a dictionary on this board for us newbies ?

Sweet looking car..not crazy about the colour but that can be changed if desired..

I am surprised it hasn't sold but the economy has sucked this last year..and since it isn't a fire sale, the gent can wait..

Good luck
Grassy

Ding-dong. Should have know..non matching numbers does bring the value down..I suspect even more for the collectors.

Thanks
ian.

then why are all these people paying thru the A$$ for hemi clone cars, doesnt make alot of sence to me. The car was originally from the factory 318 4 speed car, my dad bought it with the 340 4 speed was tired of shifting gears so now it has a 402 with a 727 trans. I think that is better than a 340 car. just my 2 cents

Thanks Jomoper

Hemimark it seems to be that you are an expert in this class what would a smart guy like your self pay for a show quality Demon. yes its a clone but I am guessing the duster in you Avitar didnt come with the hemi shown, so please tell me what you would pay!!!!

Comments welcome
Without pissing you off or anything 8k to 10k but thats just me. I think yours is outstanding looking and someone who would want, need a Demon should look hard at your car. Thay are not that easy to find. FYI, I did just read a post of a guy who has a numbers matching 340 72 4 speed demon thats susposed to look great but needs some trunk work (whatever that means) for 15k. Also, prices are all over the place! Good luck with your sale. I almost forgot, I am not an expert!

The only thing hindering the sale is the economy,a few years ago people paid close to what your asking for a demon as nice as that-maybe not always on a local scale but defintiely on the national one.If you dont need to sell then wait,just like homes the prices will come back eventually-but unlike homes there are fewer and fewer demons every year.

Without pissing you off or anything 8k to 10k but thats just me. I think yours is outstanding looking and someone who would want, need a Demon should look hard at your car. Thay are not that easy to find. FYI, I did just read a post of a guy who has a numbers matching 340 72 4 speed demon thats susposed to look great but needs some trunk work (whatever that means) for 15k. Also, prices are all over the place! Good luck with your sale. I almost forgot, I am not an expert!

8 k?
You gotta be kidding right?

10 k?
You damn well know this car would be sold the minute it was
advertised for that.
If the description matches for when you see it then its a done deal!
You couldnt build it for 10 grand.
Mate you SELL it for whatever you want for!
I feel bad for people advertising there cars on here
sometimes.
They get scrutinised an picked apart.
Man if your not interested in it,then dont bother!
Picking at it isnt benefiting you so whats the point?
Im not giving anyone here in particular crap,just saying in
general.

Anyhow,how fast is this car again?
It was mentioned somewhere but i forgot...

Mark,did you sell your hemi?
Last bid i saw was something like 36 grand an it didnt reach reserve or?
Your right on 1 thing mark though,prices are all over the place...

8 k?

10 k?
advertised for that.
sometimes.
general.

the fastest to date with out any tuninng or playing with timing is 12.18, my dad felt that was fast enough for his 74 year old reflexs. I think there is a 11.90 in it.

I seriously considered buying and had professionally inspected, a 1971 factory 340 Demon, all numbers matching, all restored, this past summer, and the car was listed on this website. The car was nice, only had a very few issues, and had a lot of documentation as far as ownership history. 1971 340 Demons are probably the most desirable with the features offered, including the circular rallye gauge cluster (150 MPH speedo), the 1970/71 Dart grill, and the lower production numbers. I offered $15K but did not get the car, and the car did not sell.

Being this car is a 1972, it's worth probably a little less, but then again, is this a factory LS23H2 340 Demon, or is this a clone? Also, do you have the matching number engine and 4 speed?

If this car was a factory high impact color, with a matching number 340/4 speed, then the car would bring the money you ask.

I have a 1971 Duster 340, numbers matching, same exact color as your Demon, Gold Leaf Metallic, GY8. I have owned the car for almost 8 years and it is a good driver, and I can post pictures later, when I return home from work. I tried to sell my car which is a California car without rust issues, for $13K and no takers! And it's all restored, no issues!

In today's market where you are lucky to find any buyers at all, you may get $10K out of the car, but the best way to find out is to put the car on ebay and see what the bids end up being...

One thing to keep in mind is that the general rule is that the further you deviate from the original car equipment, the less you will harvest in re-sale. This simply means that if you have a rare car like a factory 340 Demon, which was only produced 2 years, and in low production numbers, if you have to sell, your best bet is to put the car back to original factory condition, according to what is documented on the fender tag, and the broadcast sheet. Otherwise, people look at the car as being racy, and not original.

Best of luck with the sale...

Original cars have always fetched more money, its always been that way.

8 k?

10 k?
advertised for that.
sometimes.
general.

Dont be upset with me. I was asked my opinion and I gave it. that is what I would pay for a NOM Demon, changed from a stick car to an auto........I wasn't picking and I hope he gets his 18k..... My Hemi...gheeze..... did not reach the reserve of $39,950.00. I think I'm going to pull the engine, trans, Dana, k member and put a 340, A833, 8 3/4 back in and give it to my kid when he graduates from Collage next year...

I seriously considered buying and had professionally inspected, a 1971 factory 340 Demon, all numbers matching, all restored, this past summer, and the car was listed on this website. The car was nice, only had a very few issues, and had a lot of documentation as far as ownership history. 1971 340 Demons are probably the most desirable with the features offered, including the circular rallye gauge cluster (150 MPH speedo), the 1970/71 Dart grill, and the lower production numbers. I offered $15K but did not get the car, and the car did not sell.

Being this car is a 1972, it's worth probably a little less, but then again, is this a factory LS23H2 340 Demon, or is this a clone? Also, do you have the matching number engine and 4 speed?

If this car was a factory high impact color, with a matching number 340/4 speed, then the car would bring the money you ask.

I have a 1971 Duster 340, numbers matching, same exact color as your Demon, Gold Leaf Metallic, GY8. I have owned the car for almost 8 years and it is a good driver, and I can post pictures later, when I return home from work. I tried to sell my car which is a California car without rust issues, for $13K and no takers! And it's all restored, no issues!

In today's market where you are lucky to find any buyers at all, you may get $10K out of the car, but the best way to find out is to put the car on ebay and see what the bids end up being...

One thing to keep in mind is that the general rule is that the further you deviate from the original car equipment, the less you will harvest in re-sale. This simply means that if you have a rare car like a factory 340 Demon, which was only produced 2 years, and in low production numbers, if you have to sell, your best bet is to put the car back to original factory condition, according to what is documented on the fender tag, and the broadcast sheet. Otherwise, people look at the car as being racy, and not original.

Best of luck with the sale...

I'm with him..........:profilel:

Dont be upset with me. I was asked my opinion and I gave it. that is what I would pay for a NOM Demon, changed from a stick car to an auto........I wasn't picking and I hope he gets his 18k..... My Hemi...gheeze..... did not reach the reserve of $39,950.00. I think I'm going to pull the engine, trans, Dana, k member and put a 340, A833, 8 3/4 back in and give it to my kid when he graduates from Collage next year...

Im not upset with you!
its not my car,why would i be upset!

Hmm,so you were around 3 grand off reserve?
Not that far off!
But very nice of you to give it to your son,does he know?
He would be through the roof about that :cheers:

I gotta see your post where your at with your
next hemi creation.

Im not upset with you!
its not my car,why would i be upset!

Hmm,so you were around 3 grand off reserve?
Not that far off!
But very nice of you to give it to your son,does he know?
He would be through the roof about that :cheers:

I gotta see your post where your at with your
next hemi creation.

Glad to know I didn't piss anyone off......My son doesn't know and I'm not going to tell him! He will be so excited.
Well, my next creation will be my 68 Dart. My good friend is finishing up the body work and is calling me for paint color choice. I cant make up my mind! I may just slide the hemi and trans, Dana into that. I do have a 72 Duster that is calling me and it will be all semi black, no SS, no chrome black tinted windows, 440 X induction, 4 speed with gear vendor, 4 link rear, dropped 2"....... the only shining part will be the 6 frog mouth scoops coming through the hood!

6x2.jpg

Any car anywhere is only worth what someone somewhere will pay. I like the car....

you sound like me, I always say that. But I add...

...And what the seller is willing to let it go for!

Just cause you offer ***$ for a car, doesn't mean the seller will sell it, You may need to offer more ***$ or find another car, but if there isn't another car...

Shortly after I say that comment, someone says thanks genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back