1972 Demon Street/Strip or Show

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I would post a couple of pictures of my 1971 factory 340 Duster in GY8, Gold Leaf Metallic. Remember this is a real deal, 1971 factory 340 Duster, # matching, original presentation. I could not get $13,000 for this car, even though it is as described, no issues. Word to the wise: In a bad economy - no buyers, if you have to sell, set a realistic price based on CURRENT MARKET CONDITIONS, not those from 2 years ago. Here are a few pictures...

012 (1).jpg

Mvc612f.jpg

Mvc609f.jpg

Mvc613f.jpg

My opinion?......originality (and pedigree....real 340 car) is what allows a seller to demand a higher price. If I were to be in the market for a car like this.....things like the Centerline wheels, steering wheel, the color, the rear wing, six-pack hood and.....the SPOOL (?!!) would knock down a few notches. I'll bet if it was purple, with ralley wheels, the original hood (with scoop) and had the stick back in it.....there would be more interest. The closer a car moves toward "race car".....the more there is a "cheapening" effect (and those stickers on the quarter windows don't help) But...it's obvious that this car is really nice and done up right.

I especially like that it's got that MP crate motor in it.....that right there is big bonus points. I wish ya luck tho'......

you sound like me, I always say that. But I add...

...And what the seller is willing to let it go for!

Just cause you offer ***$ for a car, doesn't mean the seller will sell it, You may need to offer more ***$ or find another car, but if there isn't another car...

Shortly after I say that comment, someone says thanks genius

Thanks genius LOL:thumrigh:

Thanks genius LOL:thumrigh:

I am glad this post became a good discussion forum thanks for all the ups and downs guy gratly appreciate it. I sold the car to my self for 18,000.00 gave my dad 18,000 so it doesnt end up in some jackass' hands

Thanks for the add

The car had an unreasonably high price. People here told you that……..

The car never sold…… Imagine that.

And I don't believe you paid the full asking price to you dad.

Glad to know I didn't piss anyone off......My son doesn't know and I'm not going to tell him! He will be so excited.
Well, my next creation will be my 68 Dart. My good friend is finishing up the body work and is calling me for paint color choice. I cant make up my mind! I may just slide the hemi and trans, Dana into that. I do have a 72 Duster that is calling me and it will be all semi black, no SS, no chrome black tinted windows, 440 X induction, 4 speed with gear vendor, 4 link rear, dropped 2"....... the only shining part will be the 6 frog mouth scoops coming through the hood!

Where'd you finf that intake?

Glad to know I didn't piss anyone off......My son doesn't know and I'm not going to tell him! He will be so excited.
Well, my next creation will be my 68 Dart. My good friend is finishing up the body work and is calling me for paint color choice. I cant make up my mind! I may just slide the hemi and trans, Dana into that. I do have a 72 Duster that is calling me and it will be all semi black, no SS, no chrome black tinted windows, 440 X induction, 4 speed with gear vendor, 4 link rear, dropped 2"....... the only shining part will be the 6 frog mouth scoops coming through the hood!

Make sure you show us the 68 dart when its done an
the duster too!
Im guessing tuning that induction setup on the 440 will be
a pain !?

The car had an unreasonably high price. People here told you that……..

The car never sold…… Imagine that.

And I don't believe you paid the full asking price to you dad.

Why cant you belive it, I have alot of problems but money aint one of them!!!! I told you guys it doesnt have to sell Thanks again

LOL….. The reason I don't believe you is because the asking price was $18,000.

Nobody pays full asking price when they buy something from their dad.

Make sure you show us the 68 dart when its done an
the duster too!
Im guessing tuning that induction setup on the 440 will be
a pain !?

I bet your correct about the tuning.... I have to do a lot of research on the carbs.....

Try putting that car in Craigslist in the Atlanta market.

There are alot of guys shelling out $20-25-k for turn key cars such as yours.

I've seen the video of this car running/driving (in very cold Detroit, MI weather for that matter) and it is sweet. I mean sweet. Ran like a beast and sounds bad to the bone. The original gold color is retro-cool in my opinion. Unlike all the red, blue, yellow repainted ones out there. That coupled with the fact that A) it's a Demon (not a Dart or Duster) B) does come w/ a complete 4-speed setup and C) $18,000 is the asking price in my opinion is listed pretty fairly to start talks...not to mention the extra hood, the suspension work it's got on it etc...

I got $13,500 in Oct 2009 for my nice '67 Dart GT 6cyl car w/ a 340...it was a notch below the condition and desirability of this Demon.

If I hadnt had some issues come up I'd be at Scot's door w/ an offer. For a turn-key street car that you can cruise to the track, click off a low 12 or high 11sec pass, then cruise all night on Woodward that is stone cold reliable, looks cool, is show quality and is something you dont see as often as the typical Dart/Duster, I'd say the asking price is a pretty fair starting point.

Just my humble opinion though...good luck with the sale Scot. See you at Autorama, I'll stop by and say hello and check out the Demon.

I've seen the video of this car running/driving (in very cold Detroit, MI weather for that matter) and it is sweet. I mean sweet. Ran like a beast and sounds bad to the bone. The original gold color is retro-cool in my opinion. Unlike all the red, blue, yellow repainted ones out there. That coupled with the fact that A) it's a Demon (not a Dart or Duster) B) does come w/ a complete 4-speed setup and C) $18,000 is the asking price in my opinion is listed pretty fairly to start talks...not to mention the extra hood, the suspension work it's got on it etc...

I got $13,500 in Oct 2009 for my nice '67 Dart GT 6cyl car w/ a 340...it was a notch below the condition and desirability of this Demon.

If I hadnt had some issues come up I'd be at Scot's door w/ an offer. For a turn-key street car that you can cruise to the track, click off a low 12 or high 11sec pass, then cruise all night on Woodward that is stone cold reliable, looks cool, is show quality and is something you dont see as often as the typical Dart/Duster, I'd say the asking price is a pretty fair starting point.

Just my humble opinion though...good luck with the sale Scot. See you at Autorama, I'll stop by and say hello and check out the Demon.

This is what I'm talking about. Beatnik has stated the case for the listed price as being a good starting point for beatnik, his likes, views, desires for a Demon and feels the starting price is a good one. Well said.......... but to me it's still an 8 to 10k car........ good luck

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I would post a couple of pictures of my 1971 factory 340 Duster in GY8, Gold Leaf Metallic. Remember this is a real deal, 1971 factory 340 Duster, # matching, original presentation. I could not get $13,000 for this car, even though it is as described, no issues. Word to the wise: In a bad economy - no buyers, if you have to sell, set a realistic price based on CURRENT MARKET CONDITIONS, not those from 2 years ago. Here are a few pictures...

You couldn't get $13,000 for that car?

thanks for all the honesty on here. everyone has an opinion they are like butt holes we all have one. some know better than others. This car has no secrets it is what I say it is. but thanks for all the objective comments and hope to some of you at the autorama. we will be there stop in and say hello. I am very aprochable and so are my brothers. my dad on the other hand is a little opinionated and strong willed sorta tuff to read. Good luck to all and all you have for sale.

Kiddart1

That's right, people did not SHOW me the $13K money, LOL! A lot of talkers but no one showed up with the cash. I may try eBay this spring, then again I may not...

The market is a lot more difficult than we wish, at times.

And asking prices that were transaction prices from two years ago ... that's not happening, for the most part, in today's economic conditions.

It is more rare today, that you find a buyer who is willing and able to spend the money. Check out the unemployment/under-employment numbers especially in the Midwest(MI,OH).

There has been a true market price adjustment - downward - for most classic/muscle cars, and this is reflected in the posted results you see at auction including Mecum and eBay.

This is what I'm talking about. Beatnik has stated the case for the listed price as being a good starting point for beatnik, his likes, views, desires for a Demon and feels the starting price is a good one. Well said.......... but to me it's still an 8 to 10k car........ good luck

I am including a link to a local car in my area, it may not be quite as nice as the car listed in this thread for sale, but this supports what Hemi Mark says...

BTW I know the car at the link, it's very well-detailed, built by a pro, and the paint is Sassy Grass (and very nice too)!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1535998685.html

Kiddart1,if you can't get what you want hold on to it..i advertised my show quality street/strip duster for $26k i got a lot more then that into it and it couldn't be duplicated for less, no takers but no big deal i'll just get it ready for another season of racing:-D:-D

Kiddart1,if you can't get what you want hold on to it..i advertised my show quality street/strip duster for $26k i got a lot more then that into it and it couldn't be duplicated for less, no takers but no big deal i'll just get it ready for another season of racing:-D:-D

stroked 340=Also a good plan

HOLD FAST TATTOO-.jpg

I am including a link to a local car in my area, it may not be quite as nice as the car listed in this thread for sale, but this supports what Hemi Mark says...

BTW I know the car at the link, it's very well-detailed, built by a pro, and the paint is Sassy Grass (and very nice too)!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1535998685.html

Is the body good,rust wise?

Looks nice thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back