Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
I decided to sell my Dart, the one in my profile pics, for a few reasons. The biggest reason being to pay for a lawyer to fight for custody of my daughter. I've had it for 16 years, its my first car, and I have a TON of work and money in it. Here are the details...

Factory F3 green with black vinyl/houndstooth inserts. Power steering, Power K-H disc brakes, a/c are some of the factory options. The a/c parts in the engine compartment are missing.

I stripped, sanded, and painted the undercarriage F3 green. There were no rust in the floors, subframes, etc. The only thing that was replaced was the center trunk pan. I installed stainless steel brake lines, polygraphite bushings, Super Stock springs (yes it sits level!), new ball joints/tie rods/pitman-idler arms/etc, new 340 resto t-bars. The calipers were rebuilt, new master cylinder, but it could use new rotors. The rear brakes were rebuilt with all new components, and it has an 8 3/4 with a 489 case suregrip and large yoke.

It has a slant six k-member with the schumacher 340/360 conversion mounts. Included is a brand new radiator.

The interior is really nice, with just a small spot on the drivers side in the houndstooth. New carpet, new Infinity Kappa 6x9 speakers. The dash has a few cracks, but they aren't noticeable. Factory tinted glass.

Body is in primer, but it has a little surface rust. Nothing bad! It needs a small patch on the pass quarter, about a 2x3 square (I cut it out to repair it but haven't got around to it.). I had an NOS drivers quarter installed, and haven't been able to grind down the spot welds yet. I have two extra doors. It has a chrome sport mirror, and the trim is all very nice. The taillights, headlight bezels, and grille are all NOS. I did sell the hoodscoops, the hood is in very nice shape.

I have a 1986 360 block/crank/rods/KB107 .030 pistons that come with it. There are so many things that I've done to it that I can't begin to list it here. The parts add up to MUCH more than what I'm asking. Paint it and put your drivetrain in it! I'm asking $3500. The car is in storage, but I can get pics whenever. It is located in East Palestine, OH 44413. Any questions, send me a pm. Some more pics are on my photobucket at http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr270/metallidart72/1972 Dodge Dart Swinger/

dart1-1-1.jpg

no special shipping requests like inside a trailer would probably be around 1,000.00-1,200.00 my guess. from cali to florida was about 900.00 for a coronet I got a quote for.

the problem with what the actual cost is, and their quote is a huge diffeence.
a guy bought a mitsubishi eclipse gsx 700 h.p car from me like 2 months ago, and it is still sitting in my side yard!. he got a quote of 550.00, but has not moved for that. now they are telling him that it will move for 980.00 but that is robbery. so he cannot afford it right now.
the shipping companies are a huge scam. you need to call a actual shipping company, NOT A BROKER LIKE 99.9 PERCENT ARE

If anyone is interested in having it shipped, I can transport it where ever the shipper needs to pick it up. I also have a V8 k-member, a manual steering box, and alot of other parts that I remembered at work but have now forgot. Again.

I did the same thing back in 2005..... sold my 73 Swinger to get custody of my daughter. I've had full legal and physical custody of my daughter now for over 6 years, and i love every minute of it!!!!!! Finally found a replacement for the Swinger about 2 months ago, it's the one in my avatar......

Thats what I'm hoping for! Her mom is kind of crazy, and in Ohio, unless you are married, the mother automatically gets full custody. The dad has to pay child support, but unless he gets a lawyer and a paternity test, he has no rights to the child. Kinda messed up. I kept trusting her that she would let me see her since I'm paying child support, but time and time again she pulls her away from me for months at a time, uses her as a weapon towards me, and just pretty much screws with my and my daughters minds. She will be 4 in November, and I have seen her twice in the last year and a half. The last straw was fathers day, when she told me I could see her then completely ignored any calls, texts, etc.
kaytbugsdad, that car looks super clean!!

Good luck to you, man!! I hate it when i hear that the father is paying child support, and tries to do everything he can so he can be with his children, and the mother uses the child as a weapon against him!!!!:angry4: My ex-girlfriend never put up much of a fight, and SHE pays child support!!! Thanks for the comment on the car.... It was originally a metallic brown color (HT8 paint code), but someone did a not-so-good black paint job on it...... Gonna strip it this winter and go back to the original color...... Yours is a sweet looking car as well, sure wished you didn't have to sell it, but my child was worth any possession I could ever have!!!!!

Some parts I forgot to mention that go with the car. A set of crack-free x-heads, with new +.100 2.05/1.625 chevy valves, 10 degree locks and retainers. A small block k-member. Manual steering box with pitman arm. Floor shift steering column without the shaft. The rear axles have been redrilled for the large bolt pattern. The gas tank has a new sending unit, seal, lock ring, etc. New trunk mat. Weatherstrip for the windshield/rear window has been replaced, and it comes with an extra back window. Seriously, I have alot that can go with the car for the price.

Good luck with getting custody of your daughter. Someone will buy your car.

Yes to agree with 340PLOT. The shipping companies SUCK!!!!! I got lied to and screwed by (RITE WAY AUTO TRANSPORT) DO NOT USE!!!!!!!! They told me only one truck will handle my car but a tractor trailer shows up with my car on top with no way to get it off. The driver told me it was loaded with a FORKLIFT!!! And they were told I had one to unload it . I made them unload it by hand. So do your homework before getting a car shipped.

If someone didn't want all the extra parts, just the roller, I'd sell it for $2700. I think a rust free body with stainless lines, poly bushings, new front and rear suspension, 8 3/4 3.23 sure grip power disc/steering car with a ton of NOS parts is worth that. I'll ship it where ever, also, as long as the buy sets up the shipping arrangements!

Bump! If you don't want the 8 3/4, I can install a 3.23 gear 7 1/4 and drop the price to $2000 as a roller, or $2800 with all the other parts. I just want to get a lawyer.

I used Door to Door to ship my demon their quote was fair and they stuck to it.

Ok, a heads up. Since I really need to get some money up, I decided to start selling the stuff I won't need. Maybe I'll be able to keep the car, and just re-rebuild it. I posted an ad for the brake assemblies on here earlier, and I am hoping that after I get a few pics I may have them sold. If anyone is interested in the car, let me know, but I will be selling some stuff, and I will adjust the price accordingly if an interested party comes forth. Thanks everyone!

Sorry to hear about your problems getting your daughter,I couldn,t imagine](*,).I also have a 4 1/2 yr old daughter and pretty much get her whenever I can(every weekend).Hopefully you can find a good lawyer that will accept..pay as you can afford..and get to keep your car.Good Luck either way.

If you were closer to me I would sell one of mine and trailer yours home.
Good luck and here is bump for ya!!!
TXDart

you can use DAS dependable auto shippers for an online quote. I used them to ship a car before. Good luck with sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back