1972 Dodge Demon 340 SunRoof car

-
In 1987 I found a 72 Duster Twister with the rag roof, hood scoops, and Twister stripes. I had a 72 Duster at the time and they were identically painted red with black vinyl roof and black interior, both 318's with A/C. I still have a picture around here somewhere, it was located in Skokie, Illinois.

Okay, I have owned 3 V3W code folding top Demons over the last 25 plus years. two of the Demons were PB3 super Blue and the 3rd one a Gold color ( I still have the roof and the data plate to the gold one.) The orange car that matches yours is owned by Ed and Linda Althouse in Pennsylvania.

On ebay, I have seen production numbers of 26 and 99. If either is true, then I have owned 3% or 12% of production. I can verify that mind and Ed's cars were both built on June1, 1972. The V3W and V3X. My gold car was built on May 17, 1972. the Super Blue Mr. Norms with the steel sunroof is a fake. A-bodies did not receive steel crank open sunroofs until the 1973 model year.

Dusters had the folding top in 1971 and Demons in 72. I have seen very little of this being mixed, but Mr. Wolfe, editor of Mopar Collectors Guide had a 1971 Demon V3X car and I have a slide of it from the 1990 Mopar Nationals.

While the service manual lists both steel and folding top sunroofs, the A-bodies were folding tops and B-, C-, and E-bodies were steel. The folding top instructions are found on pages 8-12 through 8-17 of the body service manual. A point of interest, in 2001, I had a gentleman show me pictures of his 1970 Chrysler 300Hs. Of the 3 in the photos, 2 were folding top cars. this may be Canadian only, But I would love to see them again.
Hey Randy, do you still have that V3X roof and tag ?

-
Back