1972 Duster 340 Triple Black

-

440cuda

Reaction score
Painting my 72 Duster Triple Black H-code, any one know production numbers? Number matching engine, with black strips. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Mike

I was told less than a hundred black 72 dusters. Could be wrong

How about posting a copy or pic of fender tag. Auto? 4 speed? Black is the rarest color for 72 Dusters. When you state " Triple Black" are you including the stripe? This statement has changed over the years too mean something other than what I grew up with. Back in the day when you said your car was triple black it was because it was black paint, black vinyl top, and black interior. if your Duster came from the factory { per fender tag or broadcast sheet} with black paint and black stripe, it would be very rare indeed.

Here is the color chart showing the % of car painted black..

Attachments

• 73_Plymouth_advance_Info0012.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 642
I don't have fender tag, I will post pic of broadcast sheet tonight. Car has 35,000 miles on it. Best I can tell from sheet it is black strip car, side strip and tail panel. Any help with numbers on sheet would be great.

Here is pics of broadcast sheet.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 379
  • photo 1.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 367
  • photo 2.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 379
TX9 - Formal Black
V6W - Longitudinal stripe, White
V8W - White Transverse stripes on the tail panel

Exact same paint and decal options as my 73. :thumbup: for a awesome looking car ;)

The black stripe on my '72 looks like a 'ghost' stripe.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 404
Nice cars!
I just love black a bodies.......
And black cars in general.

Cool, finally another 72 white interior, tx9 with white stripes comes too light.
Was it a factory 4 speed or auto? Both are rare, but this combo with 4 speeds are very rare. Currently only one is know. Mine.. Must be more but
still hiding.. Mine is in full resto mode and when found had a 70 front end on it replacing the original one after front end damage in the eighty's

Attachments

• 1312931857734.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 299
  • 1312931955717.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 2011-08-09_19-17-36_350 (800x450).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 2011-08-09_19-18-27_742 (800x450).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 273
I was told less than a hundred black 72 dusters. Could be wrong

Dodge & Plymouth muscle car red book states 14,132 1972 Duster 340 cars produced in U.S. Multiply that by 1.6% of black cars (this % also includes Valiant) and you have a very approx number of 226. Keep in mind this is only an educated guess, we will never know the exact figure but it is a close approximation. In the big picture, very damn few....Dave

Cool, finally another 72 white interior, tx9 with white stripes comes too light.
Was it a factory 4 speed or auto? Both are rare, but this combo with 4 speeds are very rare. Currently only one is know. Mine.. Must be more but
still hiding.. Mine is in full resto mode and when found had a 70 front end on it replacing the original one after front end damage in the eighty's

Wow Tim! Looks like you got company......:thumbup:

How about giving us Black Duster 340 owners some more facts in the form of pictures? :worthles:

Here is another pic of broadcast sheet for engine and trans. Car is in my shop took apart ,when completed you will see pics. This car will be for sale, have to many toys. I've sold this car and bought it back twice in the last fifteen years. It has new legendary interior bad thing about it it is black. I guess it needs to be white. It had a after market shifter in floor. Does anybody know if it is a column shift or floor shift? It has a floor shift column in it. My other toys in shop that I'm painting, 67 dart 2 door post red on red with big block, 70 Cuda u code, purple, white interior numbers match 2nd owner 61,000 miles. My cars that are done 70 Pro Street Super Bee B5, blue interior, runs 11.50 in 1/4 street trim, 70 Duster h code Drag Car.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 226
Well Dave i guess we just found Saad's long lost car. Black 340, white interior, auto on the floor...lol..

Just came across this, I have a 72 black 340 with white interior
Factory stick shift
How many others have you found in this combo

-
Back