1972 Duster 440

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is very solid. Freakin sounds good too. (Sam is helping me build my 74 360 4-Speed Duster.) You should give him a call if you are intersted. You won't be disappointed!

He worked on all of the cars when they were new! So this isn't his first car for sure!

Good luck with the sale King!:-D

Dergrosse372, what ya got and how much. But I really am looking for a 71/72. But its my sons final decision!!! you know how boys and there toys are.

Sam the car looks good!!! I will talk with the little guy and the boss

Dergrosse372, what ya got and how much. But I really am looking for a 71/72. But its my sons final decision!!! you know how boys and there toys are.

Sam the car looks good!!! I will talk with the little guy and the boss

So......? Don't keep us in suspense! LOL
(bump)

Hey Shadango,
Did you get anything going yet?
I thought by now I would have a B Body for spring.
see Ya'll.

THINK SPRING![Anybody else getting itchy?
I've had enough'16" snow Wednesday<>One inch last night.

Yeah, this stuff really bites.

Worst winter as far as ice/snow for us in the last few years.....I am usually able toride my motorcycle up til February.....

For the past month, there were more days that I couldnt ride versus could (had the bike been up and running).

Spring is coming and the car is coming out of hiding.
Had a lotta deals and a LOT of strokers.

I am right there with ya Sam.

I sure wish it was Cuda season already :)

I can not beleive that your car has not sold yet . you have a very cool car there.

Pete

Thanks Pete,
All we can do is wait.
I am getting lots of tire kickers,Have one deal cooking
on a 69 Runner..
Sam

For ALL the sarcastic e-mails I've gotten,There are
some ads that have been in here longer then mine!
The car might not be perfect,BUT if it's not to your
liking ,then just say thank you and goodbye.
Thanks,Sam

Sam,

There is a lot of that going around. I am trying to move my wifes Nova along too . and I am running into a lot of folks who want me to give them the car.

Hang in there Sam. it will move along. with this economy it is going to take time. but, if ya keep advertising the car the right person will come along .

personally I think it is a great car. If I hear of someone looking for a big block duster I will definatly send them your way.

FYI I am trying to help a friend sell two of his big block dusters. so yours just gives me another option to help someone find a nice mopar that is right for them .

Heck I wouldnt kick that lil car our of my driveway :)

Pete

Great car Sam, dont let anyone disuade you, im workin out a few things now and id still love to have that Duster, as someone who has sold many cars it isnt a pleasant experience

Hi Sam

I hope you arent referring to the PM that I sent you....

I tried to be as honest as I could, just trying to help , and got no reply....so all I can figure is that you may have lumped me into the same group as those who have been rude to you.

After meeting you I can say that you are a really nice guy and the car has potential, for sure. It sure sounds awesome and seems very solid. I really just wanted to give you my honest thoughts....

But you have to look at how long it has sat and ask yourself "why". Remember, its all about presentation...not just what the actual item is.

I think that with a little elbow grease and just a little flexibility in price , you could have moved that car already. Just having the 440 in it isnt going to be enough, I dont think, as I have looked at several big block dusters in the same price range....especially in this economy.

Some of them needed body and paint, which I already told you I wasnt looking to get into due to the expense. Others were redone and had really nice engine bays...but had "quickie" body and paintwork done....and that makes you wonder about the rest of the car. One car I looked at near me....a well preserved late 80s restoration Duster with a 383.......seller was asking $12k for it on ebay....no bids, and that car looked perfect in pictures.

We are all looking at what we get for the price.

I finally found my car...a 72 Barracuda. Needs a lot of interior work......no tranny, but a running (I hope) engine and an engine bay that is clean and fresh looking.....brand new professional paint work over what appears to be stock metal with almost no bondo. Or at least I cant see any indications of much bondo. I paid the asking price of $9500 for it and have been told by some that that was steep...others have said I got a steal.....what matters to me is that Ifeel like I got the car I wanted for the price that makes sense to me. I do know that at least one buyer showed up within an hour of my buying the car who was offering MORE money to the seller to sell it to him instead but we had already done the title.

I am sure that eventually someone will pay you what you are asking for your car.....someone will show up to look at it and fall in love instantly. But as I said in my PM, you have to ask yourself how long you are willing to wait, how many people you are willing to have come look at the car, and what that waiting time is worth to you. I know you were looking to get into a B body by now.

Just offering you my two cents again, from a buyer's perspective.

No,by all means did I mean You.I've just had so many
"A"Holes call and come here,I can't believe it.If someone would
be honest and straight forward about an offer,I would talk to
them.But some kinda irritate me that I raise the price a lot.
Anyway,Thanks ,you were pretty straight forward[about
the car.
Thanks Again,
Sam/SIZE]

Cool...

Like I said, you are a nice guy and I learned a bit from talking to you that day......I still have the sound of your car in my brain.....LOL...man that was sweet. Hard to shake that ground-pounding sound. :toothy10:

Maybe one day for my Barracuda.....:cheers:

What? someone paid full asking price? after e mailing others with low ball offers or telling others that they should change their brake pedal if they are trying to really sell their cars? Man, thats just unbelieveable...HEY, just using my 2 cents. Some 2 cents just should just be kept to themselves. What kind is that? Well the type that either says "I think your car is overpriced" " I will take it if you lower your price.. LOL..take $2000.00?" MAN if you would only sell it for what its worth...like a thusand dollars, I will be right over....Yeah, hey I sold my 72 citron yella sat, 383 cam hooker headers, MSD 410 new pumpkin cherry int strobe stripes, demon 850 carb new rebuilt front end, 10k how long did it take to sell 1 day...total cash loss for me 6k. 1970 cuda BP car rolling all body work done sold with shaker hood for 6K how long to sell? 1 hour...yeah thats 1 hour. Lowballers...yeah a lot...my most used line? This is for you SAM... hey, I think this car is not for you my friend, let me know when you find a better deal that this so I can go look at it and adjust my price... I even had one guy say that my 1970 challenger 440 was not as valuable a 1971 so I should take his 8K...yeah 8K when I sold it the next day for 16k....Lots of guys just waste others time. After you look at a car... a good response is....Thankyou for letting me look at you car, you have put in a lot of work and money into this car. At this time I can only offer you____
here is my card with my number on it. Please I mean no offense to you for my offer, again thanks for letting me look at your vehicle, good day... If he calls you ok if not...thats ok too, just tread lightly, we all dont want to sell our cars that are close to our heart...just lowballers bring out strong irate feelings...Ok enough I think I let out 5 cents instead of 2...You want the straight...well stop LOL after lowballing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back