1973 340 Duster goes in for a paint job...

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
73 340 Duster was loaded up and hauled over to a friends house to get painted. The guy does outstanding work, and the price is great. Going with original yellow paint with clear coat, plus new rubber seals around the windows and doors/trunk lid. He was amazed that it was an original H code Duster and said it looks pretty good for it age as it came out of California so no rust.

The roof will be painted, no vinyl top. White 340 stripe with the molding gone.

The pictures are from went i bought it back in 2004. It had been parked in a garage since 1992 at this time.

100_0959a.jpg

100_0956.JPG

Exciting times! I remember when my Scamp was going into the spray booth and then seeing it come out. Keep us posted on the progress.

that picture was taken 14 yrs old...the sun out here is hard on the paint...the vinyl roofs are nothing but a rust trap...

Do you want to sell the trim for the vinyl top, I just need the 1/4 panel pieces.

Sounds good, keep me in mind.

Had to go over and pay for the paint...LOL.....dam **** is expensive..

Work in progress......

20180520_102526_resized.jpg

20180520_102538_resized.jpg

Paint is way cheaper than replacing the sheet-metal that us east coast guys have to deal with.

Yeah...this one only has a few specks of rust....and those are gone now.....got a 75 duster and 71 duster awaiting work....very minor rust on them...one from Vegas the other from Southern cal

Talked to painter yesterday....it is painted yellow...still gotta do the clear coat and wet sand and buffing....plus he gotten alot of the small parts for it...window felt...rubbers around the door...trunk seal...side markers.....

I need to go over and drop off the side stripe and tail panel decal for it...besides...I want to spy on it....LOL

These were taken about 2 weeks ago.....the car is just about done and i was there today.....he is finishing up some small stuff ...clip for the door linkage...and speed nut for one of the side markers....need to get the 340 stripe on it....

the bumper and trunk seal is installed...door handles back on...

probably next week for sure...that thing is some serious Yellow...

20180609_162028_resized.jpg

20180609_162037_resized.jpg

Talked to the painter this morning ...he said he is just about done...buffed it one more time and started final cleaning....We are going to put off put the 340 stripe on it for now due to the hot weather...Should have it home this weekend.....going in the garage with a car cover on it...

Last edited:
Its done...just got a call...going to pick it up tomorrow after work....load it on the trailer...

Wow this thing is Yellow...good thing it was dark out or a swarm of bees would have followed me home...Trunk and engine compartment look great...

got a few thing to finish on it....

Talked to him about starting on a restoration project....got an Vitamin C Orange car...

20180626_210239_resized.jpg

20180626_210300_resized.jpg

Putting on the 340 stripes...got the stripes on ...the 340 is separate so waiting for them to dry...and need to put the tail panel stripe on....taking a break....

-
Back