[Found!] 1973 340 Thermoquad - Rebuild service or need parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was the original correct one for the truck.
Woodruff replied back to my email this morning. They have a backlog of about March.

Pros: nice quality work, middle of the road on quotes, dials in the carb on a running engine, complete restoration

Cons: turn-around time is about 5 mo.

did you call him yet?? Vintage Muscle Car Parts

There used to be a TQ Guide floating around on the net written by Gary Lewallen (aka. Vaanth).

That guide lists the rods for a 6319 carb as 1966, further supporting the earlier post.

The primary jet should be a 4098 and the secondary a 5137, FWIW.

I used to collect TQ's and have several in boxes. Only one of interest is the 6452 that came off my car, the rest are more just parts carbs. I really need to dig them out and put them up for sale and get them out of my way.

Yes, I have joined that group and spoken with the admin. Considering sending my carb out to him. Their work looks nice

Pros: nice quality work, price, turn-around time
Cons: dealing with customs since they are located in Canada, he doesn’t test on a mule engine as part of his process
The experience I have had with buying goods from Canada is there were no customs problems, but shipping takes forever. Now Canadians buying goods from the US get nailed with duty tax.

Also I would not buy a rebuid from a vendor who did not wet flow test it but I’m not sure if that involves a mule engine. Chances are its going to need to be tuned to your car anyway.

What ever happened to demon sizzler? He was a whiz with tq's and did a couple for me some years ago

I emailed them.

$600 for resto, 8 week+ turnaround, I would have to source all missing parts but he does tune on a live, running engine.

i didn't get the "resto" as the original finish wasn't important to me.. back when i had mine done scott smith wanted like 800 for a resto and had even a longer wait.. god knows what he is charging now.

Looks like it depends on how fast you want/need it, and how important the run-in is to you.
I've got one I was considering sending to Manley but I hadn't looked into the customs side of it. I know he does a bunch from here so it's doable, just a matter of how difficult they make it. My personal experience with Canadian customs while traveling and working in Canada has been dismal to date.
Pm me if you like, It is I you speak of...I can fill you in on the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back