1973 Dodge Dart hitch

-

73_Dart

Reaction score
Hello, im not sure were to put this thread so I just put it here.
Im looking for a hitch for my 1973 dodge dart swinger. I want to be able to pull my 16 foot boat with it to the river.
If you know where i can get one let me know. If you have one that you want to get rid of let me know a price and how much to ship it to 26159.
Pictures would be nice to.
Thank You.

I have one still on a 73 Valiant. It came with a tag mount made on it.
Pulled my bros 15 foot fiberglass tri-hull with no problem. 40.00 plus shipping from 29642

I have one still on a 73 Valiant. It came with a tag mount made on it.
Pulled my bros 15 foot fiberglass tri-hull with no problem. 40.00 plus shipping from 29642

Is it one that hooks to the bumper? or the frame?
could you give me a picture?

I dont recall. I think it bolts to the bumper and the trunk pan. Pics avail' tomorrow morn.

Okay. Im not really wanting one that hooks to the bumper and pan. Im looking more for a frame mount. I just didnt know if they made them or not.
If i cant get a frame mount hitch. I might buy yours if you still have it.
Could you still send me a picture of it though. Thanks

hahaha wow never in a million year would I have thought someone wanted one I have bought TWO darts with hitchs, both made it into the scrap yard

hahaha wow never in a million year would I have thought someone wanted one I have bought TWO darts with hitchs, both made it into the scrap yard

Haha. I thought it would look cool around here seeing my car pulling a boat. You dont see very many classic cars in my area and you never see one pulling a boat. So i want to be different.

Okay. Im not really wanting one that hooks to the bumper and pan. Im looking more for a frame mount. I just didnt know if they made them or not.
If i cant get a frame mount hitch. I might buy yours if you still have it.
Could you still send me a picture of it though. Thanks

Junk yard pull for $40.00.
Get one approx. 36" wide on the frame rail with about a 2" drop.
I found mine on a Jeep Cherokee (not a grand model)
Good Luck, here's a couple of pics for ya!
Post your install pics here for us!

Check this link, I posted some good pics on here;
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=63427&highlight=hitch

and another;
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=67514&highlight=hitch

Happy Towing!
John.:glasses2:

PS: my Dart IS my truck!

Attachments

• 41 - Copy.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 283
Thanks for posting that John.
Im gonna keep a look out for one of the hitches like that. See what i can find and post up here when i decide what to do.

I stole this picture from pastortom1 on another thread
hitch.jpg

I have a hitch exactly like this in our building. Has all the parts so I might just see if I can hook it up. If it ever dries up enough outside so i can work on my car.

-
Back