1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 Real H Code (Take 2)

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
This is was my first take (http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101582)
I almost sold this car but I just couldn't do it, the one good thing I did get out of looking into selling it is I finally ran the VIN #'s to see what this car had etc and it turned out to be a real 340 car. To bad the original motor and transmission is long gone, before I was going to mini tub and put a big block in it however, since it is a real h code car I just can't do it so this 340 will be going in it shortly after a few more misc. parts and such (mp valve covers, diff. carb)
I have started putting lower quarters and trunk extensions in it. Here is the left side, I will be starting on the right soon. I will be putting up more pictures soon.
IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

1027101414.jpg

10271014151.jpg

1112101306.jpg

1112101307.jpg

1112101307a.jpg

1112101544.jpg

1112101712.jpg

1112101712a.jpg

Another thing I forgot to mention is since it already has a narrowed dana 60 that I really don't need for this small block a guy I know's son is building a '69 bb dart he asked if he built a 8 3/4 with whatever gearing I wanted and new axles and brakes, etc. plus some cash so I will be doing that deal soon hopefully

Cool deal !
Nice LM29H3 you've got there !

Looks like it's an original paint car ( FY1 Top Banana ) , which is good as you know what you're dealing with .

Got any pics of its fender tag ? I'm interested in seeing its options .

The guy I bought it from took it off the fender and put it somewhere in his garage so it wouldn't get damaged or lost and is supposed to be looking for where he put it haha. God I hope he finds it but I do the same thing to sometimes so I know how he feels.

I am thinking of painting it the same color as my 2010 ram mineral gray ram with the 340 stripe on it since it's not the original motor and I don't have the buildsheet.

O yeah, I'm so glad I kept it and am redoing it. Hopeing to be done by spring but we shall see. Hope you have a quick tour in afghanny and make it home safe, thank you for your service and godspeed!

Thanks, i am waiting for the week of rain to go away so the temp. is okay and the air isn't wet so no flash rust on the passenger side. I will try and get pics of it up in primer and such soon

This is my '73 Dart Sport 340 that I did. Not the original engine,but has a 72 340 now. I like the (original) Top Banana yellow color,and it gets a lot of looks. That was the only high impact color offered that year. Good luck with your project.

Attachments

• Sport 3 (Small).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,278
This is my brother's '73..you have good company!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,192
nice i like the painted bumpers and blacked out grill. Ya im im almost half way threw and lots of money for my dart woohoo.

This is my '73 Dart Sport 340 that I did. Not the original engine,but has a 72 340 now. I like the (original) Top Banana yellow color,and it gets a lot of looks. That was the only high impact color offered that year. Good luck with your project.
I beg to differ on your comment about the only high impact color for the year 73.Her,s my 73 Dart Sport 340,4 speed H-code car.
View attachment car 013.jpg

I may be mistaken,but according to my information,petty blue was not considered high impact. The high impact colors,I believe were a $15 option,and the blue was a standard color. Not trying to start an arguement. As I said,I could be wrong. By the way,that is one good looking Sport!!

Pettybluedart.. you have a nice car ... love the color.... similar to my F body... Question ... why is the tire not center in wheel opening ?

IMAG0173.jpg
here's the motor with the mp valve covers, still got to come up with the carb soon. I am waiting on some more supplies before i get cracking on the pass. side quarter.

-
Back