1973 Dodge Dart Sport Number of Horns

-

Greg S THomas

Reaction score
I just got a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport and am working of getting the horn to work. I got two horns with the car and the wiring harness (new) for the horns has two wires for two horns but there is only one slot for one horn. I have a picture from MOPARS in the Park of a 1973 Dart Sport and it does have two horns.

Can anyone explain what's up with just having the one horn?

I believe 2 horns was a option or in a option package

In the FSM it refers to "New York City Horns". This shows 2 horns and from what I can tell one goes under the battery tray and another on the opposite side of the Radiator by the overflow tank (not sure exactly where).

Cley

That's funny, I've been to New York City several times and I'm not sure if two horns are enough:)
Need a siren and even than it’s a huge problem. Most of the people there won’t move. Have to drive in the sidewalk. I chased a car one time and I was on the sidewalk when a guy came out of the building lol. Looked like the movies:)

I just got a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport and am working of getting the horn to work. I got two horns with the car and the wiring harness (new) for the horns has two wires for two horns but there is only one slot for one horn. I have a picture from MOPARS in the Park of a 1973 Dart Sport and it does have two horns.

Can anyone explain what's up with just having the one horn?
I have a 73 Dart Sport 340 h code. I am going nuts with the horn mine is missing. Is the horn under the battery tray? I got the master wiring diagram and it shows two horns between the two front headlights behind the grille. Seems it could be wrong.

43. Yeah. I vote put 43 horns on it.

I have a 73 Dart Sport 340 h code. I am going nuts with the horn mine is missing. Is the horn under the battery tray? I got the master wiring diagram and it shows two horns between the two front headlights behind the grille. Seems it could be wrong.

Yup they are located under the battery tray. Whenever the radiator overflow bottle was added was when the horns were moved under the battery tray. Might have been in 1973 when that overflow was added.

Yup they are located under the battery tray. Whenever the radiator overflow bottle was added was when the horns were moved under the battery tray. Might have been in 1973 when that overflow was added.
Thanks yes mine is a 73 and the overflow was added to this model. Thank you Al

-
Back