1973 Dodge Dart Sport

-

bcollid

Reaction score
New here.

I'm looking for a platform to build into a street legal drag car.

I would like to build something that could run low 12's and then maybe later make into an 11 sec car.

I am looking at a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport with No engine no transmission. The body and frame look straight with not a lot of visible rust.

Is this a decent platform to work off of?

I currently have a 1989 corvette with a 383 with EFI. It runs high 12s but is a pain to work on. Very tight compartment, independent rear end. not the best platform for to drag race

I think I'd like to put in a turbo charged engine in this next project.

Do you have any thoughts.

Sounds sexy. Well just my thoughts the car sounds like a pretty good transplant. I mean most likely youll be cutting out whatever parts you cant or wont use/need. Now with turbos your basicly adding displacment, so you could do a 360 build with a turbo so nice flow heads and maybe some piston work and boring you could reach this.
Nate

I think a 440 with edelbrockn heads would look go as long as you don’t get crazy with the turbo size it should stay together

i got a nice 73 340 manual car, with no engine or trans for 1,250.00 with title and fendertag. check out my classified ad

Check out the threads about proven engine combo's, very helpful.

And on the IRS
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMXPkRlvFs"]YouTube - World's fastest IRS Corvette Record Run then picking up the kids at school[/ame]

And some friends of our's are going to be chasing down that record with their new setup, still IRS!! car is at the 45sec mark
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_wZCp2H5Q"]YouTube - KOTS 2009 DVD Trailer (Short) - Now Released![/ame]

Here is my 73 Dart Sport it runs low 12's with a built small block.

I’m selling my 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340. This is a real H code car. The car now sports a mild 360 with a racer brown solid cam, .560/.565 lift .242/.248 duration. X heads 2.02 / 1.60 valves fully ported topped with an Edelbrock Air gap and a FBO prepped mighty demon 650 carb. Ported mechanical fuel pump. The compression is 10 to 1. It also has an 8 quart oil pan with a melling high volume pump. The transmission is a 727 with a JW reverse manual valve body, Ray Bestost clutches and Kaleen steeles, 4 pin planetary and a FTI 10'' Billet converter 3800 stall. The rear end is an 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears, Mark William’s axles. And a MP sure-grip. Caltracs and Rancho shocks and Calvert 90/10 shocks up front. There is about three years on this drive train mainly down the drag strip.
It has 205/75/15s on the front and 325/50/15 MT drag radials on the back. The rear has been mini tubed with the springs moved into the frame rails. Fuel cell and Battery are in the trunk. The car is petty blue and is driver quality paint. It has a white interior with bucket seats black carpet and a very nice dash; it has fuel/water/oil gauges mounted on the cowl of the car and a 5’’ tach on a bracket that mounts in-between the up/low dash. It has a Hurst Quarter Stick shifter and a Hurst ball with a line lock switch. This car runs 8.0 flat in the 1/8 mile and looks like a street car. Jump in and go racing or drive to the drive in. The body is in good shape with no issues.
I also have a complete low mileage (10000) 360 crate motor (380hp) that will go with this car. Along with lots of odds and ends. looking for 9000.00

Attachments

• new 007.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 274
-
Back