1973 dodge dart swinger ?????

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
hey guys and gals I think I asked before but not sure so here goes...I am about to put this stock 400 in to the 73 swinger and was wondering if I can use the power steering instead of buying a manual box???????not trying to put a lot of cash in to this as I have other projects going and this is just to get the car going under its own power... I have a stock 400 and trans , I already have the swap mounts and need to cut the mount on the k frame down on the driver side...just wont to make sure of this before I start the install.....:D I also have to change the oil pan when I get it up in the aire for the install..

this is the motor and the car that I am trying to join lol:violent1::violent1::violent1:

I'm under the impression that you won't know until you get it in. What did the engine and trans come from?

out of a 77 doba lol:D

thanks for the clean slat but it took a lot of work to get it to that stage..lol got the car for my son now he don't care for it so I plan to get it running and sell it off...I have to many things going on and don't need to be putting a lot more time and money in to it I need to finish my race car and street car lol..

If you have the mounts from the 77, you already the correct mounts for the DC conversion.

Subscribed, I brought home a Cordoba this weekend and will pull the 400 tonight to put in my 73 Swinger. I had previously cut my motor mounts out of the 73 to put a BBC in with a front plate so I am going to cut the mounts out of the Cordoba and install them in the swinger.

hey jim glad you came in ..the k is a 6 k frame .....so whats my best route to go with this ..if I can use this k and cut and move the mounts I will go that route since it makes things fit a little better and free up so space I guess...:prayer::prayer:

You mean use the PS box with no pump, or use power steering complete? I would not use only the box. The "no road feel" Mopar issue on PS cars is worse when there's not fluid being pumped throughy them, only the response is more sluggish... least that was what mine were like when I removed the belt.

no moper use the complete system pump and box...I just don't want to spend the extra cash to buy a manual box and link, then take the time to install..lol things that I have to spend the cash on where there is no way around it I will box other then that this is a no cash deal :D:D:D:D:D:D..

Yes, you can use the power steering, but I would highly recommend that you take a look at this page before cutting the saddle on the k-member (only if you have a 73-up V8 k-member in the car).

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dck.shtml

so just to make sure here jim I have the 6 kframe so I am good to go with it by cutting and moving the mounts right????:glasses7:

No, the mod only works on the V8 k-member. If you have the slant K, use the Schumacher mounts or get a V8 k-member and build a DC unit.

-
Back