1973 Dodge Dart

-

Dalton Reid

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My wife and I just picked up this old girl. Long story somewhat short, my first girlfriend bought and 'restored' this car with her dad back in 2009-2010. First memory I have of this car was when she pulled up to my house and slashed a radiator hose on a rock....so date number 1 was me fixing her car. I used this as a daily driver for a year or two when I was still with her, then I moved, she moved and we went our separate ways.

Ten years later my wife and I went back to my hometown for a visit....and I saw it again sitting at the local shop. Another year later we visited again, it was back in her family's driveway....sitting....slowly deteriorating. It hasn't been driven more than maybe 5 miles per year for the past decade. A few messages later and a long as day of towing and she's at her new home.

Took her for a drive yesterday, got it cleaned up, wife in the passenger seat and just enjoyed it. It needs a lot of work at this point. We are going to let her be a weekend cruiser every chance we can to keep things lubricated, and just restore things as we can. First, tires and an actual alignment, oil change, and then go from there.

But....the bones are good.
IMG_20220305_135858.jpg
IMG_20220305_135858.jpg
IMG_20220306_120254.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, and enjoy. Glad to see another one saved.
Lots of help and advice available here. I did a lot of searches, most of what I needed to know was already covered somewhere, and it ends up being a lot of reading threads that seem to take a couple left turns before heading the right way again, but I found I learned a lot of stuff that way by seeing more options and forming my own decisions.

Welcome, and enjoy. Glad to see another one saved.
Lots of help and advice available here. I did a lot of searches, most of what I needed to know was already covered somewhere, and it ends up being a lot of reading threads that seem to take a couple left turns before heading the right way again, but I found I learned a lot of stuff that way by seeing more options and forming my own decisions.

Thanks.
I've been reading through various threads for a few weeks now, ever since we made the deal and I was just waiting to go pick it up. I want to do as much of the restoration as I personally can, so I know this is a valuable place for information!

-
Back