1973 Duster - $650

-

elmog

Reaction score
I've come across a 1973 Duster for sale with surface rust on the roof and trunk. There's also rust in the lower aft quarter panels and spare tire well. Floor boards in interior have no rust. It has a 318 that runs but no air conditioning. Other than the rust, has a fairly straight body. Interior is trashed but the dash looks good.
I've been out of cars for about 15 years and am just kicking around the idea about buying it. He wants $650 for the car, but considering the rust, it may or may not be that great of a deal. What say ye?

Jim

Jim, get it. If you sell it here, there could be as much as a 1000% gain in the resale of it in the rust belt.

It's worth quite a bit more than that just in parts. Without pictures it's hard to say if it's worth building, but even as a parts car that's a good deal.

Does it run? If so, $650 sounds good for a duster with rust in the usual places minus the floor pan. Pictures, VIN would help better evaluate it, but from what you're saying it sounds reasonable.

For me, panel replacment requires more talend than I have, so I bought a rust free nice condition 360 duster for 3500. So, it depends on what kind of work you want to do or hire out to be done. Is sure sounds like an excellent price for a parts car, particularly if it has disc brakes or even an 8.25? Or if you are / know a metal master.

.... Is sure sounds like an excellent price for a parts car, particularly if it has disc brakes or even an 8.25?

'73 with a 318 will almost certainly have disk brakes. I'd say it was 100% certain but I know somebody on here will have a contrary evidence. :D

Does it have a clean title/paper work to register it???????? When was it last registered? Those get to be a big headache,very quickly in CA.

it sounds like a bad deal....:-\". it might be best to have me look at it first seeing as how im in cali anyway..:burnout: hahaha.

me personally, id jump on it in a heartbeat.

'73 with a 318 will almost certainly have disk brakes. I'd say it was 100% certain but I know somebody on here will have a contrary evidence. :D

You are 100% correct.
Unless of course someone robbed the good disc brake set up and changed it to drums to sell the car.

-
Back