1973 Duster & Dart Sport 340 SUNROOF cars

-
I own a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 auto with the factory sunroof. TB3 Super Blue with the white canopy top, white side stripes, hood scoop with factory hood blackout, white bucket seat center console interior, tuff wheel, inside hood release, rear window defroster, fold down rear seat etc.Let me know where to send the info to. Thanks for tracking the numbers on these cars!

I own a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 auto with the factory sunroof. TB3 Super Blue with the white canopy top, white side stripes, hood scoop with factory hood blackout, white bucket seat center console interior, tuff wheel, inside hood release, rear window defroster, fold down rear seat etc.Let me know where to send the info to. Thanks for tracking the numbers on these cars!

Sounds like you have the Conver-Triple package, both of my ‘73 340 Dart Sports do too.

Sounds like a great car three40! I don't know if My340 is still visiting this site or tracking these cars - but I have the Mopar Sunroof Registry that does. Just Google it and check it out some time - and consider sending your info my direction. Thanks! Scott.

I'm having drive gears and cable guide plates machined. If you're in need of these so your sunroof works properly see my ad in the classified section under interior parts.

I'm having drive gears and cable guide plates machined. If you're in need of these so your sunroof works properly see my ad in the classified section under interior parts.
That is awesome. It is those darn cable guides that get worn down enough it allows the cables to separate from the gear just far enough that the gear starts to slip. Kudos for your efforts!

Parts turned out great

20190329_112829.jpg

Nice job not cheap I bet. I couldn't find any parts or anyone to repair my gear box so I filed the inner part of the block and shimmed the back side to bring the cables closer to the gear and works great. That was 4 years ago I did that and is still working but would rather have done what you did.

Nice job not cheap I bet. I couldn't find any parts or anyone to repair my gear box so I filed the inner part of the block and shimmed the back side to bring the cables closer to the gear and works great. That was 4 years ago I did that and is still working but would rather have done what you did.
That's a great idea. Actual wasn't too bad. $225 a set for case hardened steel.

That's a great idea. Actual wasn't too bad. $225 a set for case hardened steel.
That's not bad at all and your fixed right. I am in the middle of restoring my car and haven't got to the sun roof yet so will be nice to see how yours turns out and learn from how you fixed yours.

That's not bad at all and your fixed right. I am in the middle of restoring my car and haven't got to the sun roof yet so will be nice to see how yours turns out and learn from how you fixed yours.
I am taking notes on parts location and appreciate your input thanks.

I am restoring a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport and need all the rubber and seals. Do you know where i can go to buy parts. Thanks
Here is what appears to be the best source for seals

David Hemenway, South Poplar St. Centennial, Colorado 80111. Ph # 1 720 471 6123. Nice work and shipped US to Canada.

Ok thanks. How do I contact who ever is making these parts so I can order them?
TIA
YR
I'll have to get an order of 6 put together he'll make them. I'll contact the few others that are interested and try and get an order put together. Please send me a private message so I can contact you when we proceed.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get together a data base/archive of all 1973 sunroof 340 A-body cars that still exist. Please send me the fender tag data or a good description of the car with it's options. If you have a fender tag of one that was parted out or a friend who has one please send that info also.

Later on when I have enough info I may have a website with general info and pics of various cars. No personal info will be used in any way only general info on the cars. Please post, PM or email me the info. rbking@yhti.net

TIA :salute:
Hi i just joined here and found this.was checking because i have a Y 28 Code 73 340 sunroof 4 speed AC car with lay down back seat and know it is rare..Did you get the list together

i have a 1973 duster v21 hood treatment i need to know about that is it paint or scoops or both it has n52 maual sunroof c73 space saver fold down seat tx9 black car buckets 4 speed car
the research that i have found is on 340 cars with V21 only had a blacked out hood with no scoops.. the only Duster option that got scoops was for the twister package. If you look at the 73 sales book it will show that with an * And the only part # for scoops for A body's were twister and darts

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get together a data base/archive of all 1973 sunroof 340 A-body cars that still exist. Please send me the fender tag data or a good description of the car with it's options. If you have a fender tag of one that was parted out or a friend who has one please send that info also.

Later on when I have enough info I may have a website with general info and pics of various cars. No personal info will be used in any way only general info on the cars. Please post, PM or email me the info. rbking@yhti.net

TIA :salute:
73 matching numbers 340 auto console p/s p/b white bucket seat black interior b5 blue

Yea mine is in there ..What i am looking for is any factory paint marks for the 340 cars

That's a possibility but fyi, He hasn't been here on FABO since May 25, 2017.
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I saw that he has not been on here in a while. I think I read in one of his posts somewhere that he ended up selling his car, and therefore he likely has lost interest in maintaining the 340 sunroof A-body registry that he took care of. I wish I could contact him to see if he would be willing to pass on his registry to supplement the Mopar Sunroof Registry that I have started. Do the moderators have access to members emails? If so, any chance you could drop him a message and let him know I would like to reach out to him and see if he is willing to pass on his registry info? Thanks in advance! Scott Rudge - moparsunroofregistry@gmail.com

-
Back