1973 Duster Need Lots Of Help

-
one thing i must complain about, get rid of that glass pack, it mmake it sound like a pissed off bumble bee, it looks cheap and it a major detraction in the area of looks get a flow master, its a slant six i know but still

the one thing though i do think is neeeded is to take off that glass pack

I kinda like it

Looks like a pretty strait body, any plans on color or is it staying primer for a while?

If you look at my pic on my profile Thats the way I want it Blue the original color But for now till I get the money for paint its staying like it is

I wouldnt go with air shocks...yeah their nice until a line fails while driving lol.

yeah and thats not good especially when your young and youll want to get on it sometime.

We put air shocks from advanced auto on the 74 duster and it gives it a better stance I'd say. Here's a little sample, I'd say go with them.
IMG_0634-1.jpg

We put air shocks from advanced auto on the 74 duster and it gives it a better stance I'd say. Here's a little sample, I'd say go with them.
IMG_0634-1.jpg

yes and I got that same effect by making bigger leaf spring shackles for the rear
IMG00205-20110624-1648.jpg

air shocks r decent but not good if your going performance, my dad had those on his 70 challenger for one night, it was a factory 4406 pack car and it was blueprinted and all and when he hit the gas the first time the back end dropped and he lost traction quickly, dont ask me how that what he said, but if i were you id get some qa1 shocks, yes their expensive but omg they r nice, im getting some for my car, its got a ladder bar setup and coil overs so mine would be different from yours but qa1 r nice shocks

Dusterkid nice buy! Do yourself a favor and buy Good Front End parts. I know Autozone and the Various clones prices sound good and the lifetime guarantee sounds good and it is if you want to disassmble the front end every year and a half to replace them. I redid a Ford Ranger once( front end ) 4wd and a year later I had to replace two ball joints and three universal's counting one on the main driveshaft. They gave me new ones without problems but labor is money

Dusterkid nice buy! Do yourself a favor and buy Good Front End parts. I know Autozone and the Various clones prices sound good and the lifetime guarantee sounds good and it is if you want to disassmble the front end every year and a half to replace them. I redid a Ford Ranger once( front end ) 4wd and a year later I had to replace two ball joints and three universal's counting one on the main driveshaft. They gave me new ones without problems but labor is money

I am getting all moog parts

dont you mean a 225 slant 6?, the slant six i find you can not kill them, my grandpa had the largest chrysler dodge dealership in the north west and he of all things drove a 68 dodge dart with the 225 slant 6, he drove that thing from spring til fall from 1968 through 1978 when he sold the dealership, that things odometer must have zeroed out at least 4-5 times, so they are a dependable engine

dont you mean a 225 slant 6?, the slant six i find you can not kill them, my grandpa had the largest chrysler dodge dealership in the north west and he of all things drove a 68 dodge dart with the 225 slant 6, he drove that thing from spring til fall from 1968 through 1978 when he sold the dealership, that things odometer must have zeroed out at least 4-5 times, so they are a dependable engine

yeah i ment 225 not 335

ok well it sounds like things are off to a good start for you, one thing though if you do do a v8 swap, for safety you should add a roll cage or at least a roll bar

There is no need for a cage or a roll bar unless you have crazy HP...Kid, manage your money wisely and invest in the right things and that car will take shape very soon. Prioritize what is important such as suspension, steering, brakes, etc..the things that if not done correctly could hurt you or someone else...My first Dart Sport had a 360 without a rollbar and was VERY safe :D You have the right idea just keep pressing forward and i bet in a short time you will have everything you need

its a safety thing, its not needed up right now but down the road it be a smart thing to do, even if the car never makes it to the track its a wise safe thing to add

Moog is smart thinking for a 16 year old. You might might want to get some rustoleum and shoot around your trunk and whatever before the problem gets out of control. A little TLC goes a long way

Very nice for a first car! It looks pretty solid, get those drums off the front to go to disc and make her stop real good and you'll be set. I bought my first A-body Saturday. Im 19 myself, being young is great!

Well here is my budget so far​

I have 890 dollars for stuff for my car

Front end parts/u-joints/bushing---175 dollars

Front end alignment----50 dollars

Oil Pan gasket----20 dollars

Window and trunk weather striping----50 dollars

AirShocks---65 dollars

Dual hood Scopes----169 dollars

Rear wheels----202 Dollars (not including Wheels center caps and trim rings)

The leaves me with----159 dollars for other stuff

The only other stuff I will need is this

Front wheels----200 dollars (not including center caps and trim rings)

Trim Rings(4)---100 dollars

Center caps(4)---124 dollars

Front Bucket seats-----???

Paint/strip decal kit-----???

The Sway Bar and Radiator are on there way here

#1 rule stuff never goes the way you plan it too
#2 I would get kyb shocks Summitracing about 80 bucks shipped for two
#3 no need for the scoops now maybe towards something else thats needed to get it goin
#4 upgrade to disc brakes maybe take a trip to the local pick a part

Nice start I was there once from 16 till now all threw high skool it had a slant till after high skool I parked it for a 1 1/2 and built a 318

It's you car you can do whatever you want to it but we are here to help you wisely and get you on the right track .....

I got my front end parts and sway bar going to try to put in this weekend

I got upper lower bushings and ball joints

frontendparts002.jpg

frontendparts003.jpg

-
Back