1973 Duster Need Lots Of Help

-
Don't concern yourself too much with the runs in the eng comp. typically there were some from the factory, heck it ads character! Just good practice and make no runs (signatures) on the exterior is the key.

Those wheel in the picture above are pretty cool but I've always liked the S/S Cragers with the spinner center covers. Just old school I guess.

Looking good young gun!

Looks great and best of luck with it. Question.....How do you paint the engine compartment? Did you use a spray booth, paint can, spray gun????? Looks good and curious what steps you took.

thanks

Paint

Painted the engine bay 3 runs(weather was alittle cold) but they can be fixed.Still need to paint K framE(etc).

Sanded and sanded and sanded the steering coloum and polished it looks good for a original 71 sterring colum.

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

That's a cool color. Get a Kermit to put on your dash or somewhere to be your mascot.

Did you build that engine start up stand yourself?
If so post a couple of pics without the engine on it if you dont mind.
You have the gears in my head spinning, I have two fresh built motors sitting that I would love to hear run, a 340 and an aluminum headed 360.

She looks and sounds good.

What size are the tires front and rear?

295/60/15
Wheels are 15x10sbp
Planing on going 305/65/15 next

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Did you build that engine start up stand yourself?
If so post a couple of pics without the engine on it if you dont mind.
You have the gears in my head spinning, I have two fresh built motors sitting that I would love to hear run, a 340 and an aluminum headed 360.

The stand is under junk right now.It is just a square with to post for the engine mounts.4 heavy duty wheels under it.Was made for a SBC thats why the engine was crucked.

Mancini sell them and u-bolts it will run you around 100 bucks.
Or hit the bone yards.

Wow that looks good I like the pumpkin silver might copy that. Thanks for the size of the tires.

I think you can notch the 7 1/4 to work on an 8 3/4. They are the same for and 8 3/4 or Dana 60 and I think Dana 70.

They become pretty thin if you notch them, I dont recommed it.

NIce car, better off than mine, it was a 1972 dodge charger rt, had it for two years, got tired of fixing it up and then sold it and used the money to buy my current car, a 1967 dodge dart gt with a 440 and a clutch flite 727
off topic... clutch flite? is it still in your car?tell me more,always wanted one...

Geeze kid. You've done quite a bit of work there. Makes me, the college student, look bad. I can barely scrape up time to fix my Dart just to drive (hopefully during winter break). And how many times have you changed your wheel and tire combo? They just keep on getting bigger and bigger. Lol.

Geeze kid. You've done quite a bit of work there. Makes me, the college student, look bad. I can barely scrape up time to fix my Dart just to drive (hopefully during winter break). And how many times have you changed your wheel and tire combo? They just keep on getting bigger and bigger. Lol.

Mini tubs next

-
Back