frontendparts002.jpg

frontendparts003.jpg

Glad to see you got your parts.

I got my front end parts and sway bar going to try to put in this weekend

I got upper lower bushings and ball joints

frontendparts002.jpg

frontendparts003.jpg

1973dusterkid
Could you shoot me a closeup pic of the sway bar mounts? I just got a set off a parts car that have been welded up so they can't be removed from the bar and I am curious to see what got chopped up to force the welding. Thanks. L8r

Jim

1973dusterkid
Could you shoot me a closeup pic of the sway bar mounts? I just got a set off a parts car that have been welded up so they can't be removed from the bar and I am curious to see what got chopped up to force the welding. Thanks. L8r

Jim

sure but it will be when I get home

That sway bar won't fit a 73+ k-member. It looks like one for a 72 & earlier k-member. Different animal.

Jus caught up with your thread here. Very nice solid car to start you first build with. That is how I started. At Age 17 I got my '74 Duster. Lots of time and money later... and many years I still have it at age 40. Still work on it and still enjoy it. Just take time, and like has been said.. use money wisely.
Make it go before you make it glow. :)
Best of luck to ya !

-RPM

Called the part store they can get the shocks and tire rod ends at 6 today that cool So we are pretty much at a stand still till then I am going to clean and paint the fender well a control arms what not.Here's some pic of the process

frontparts005.jpg

frontparts002.jpg

frontparts001.jpg

frontparts003.jpg

frontparts004.jpg

frontparts008.jpg

frontparts007.jpg

frontparts006.jpg

If I were you I would just get the car drivable, safe and dependable. Doing the frontend rebuild first is where I think you have made the best decision. Next I would make sure the brake system is in good working order. Then check for drivetrain leaks. After those items are fixed it will just be maintainance work. Then just save money and collect parts to get the car to your standards.

Anyone know where I can get me 4 of the wheels in the pic above I need 15x7 rear 15x6 or 14x6 fronts with a 5x4 bolt pattern

Well we got the front end together finally all we have to to is adjust front ride height and take it to the alignment shop and it good

Stupid ???

How exactly dose the front torsion bars work

The torsional resistance of the bar (as its trying to be twisted by the weight of the front end) is what holds up the front end. Its anchored at one end (near the transmission) and trying to be twisted at the other end (by the LCA) as you drive. Sounds good to me anyway.:glasses7:

The torsional resistance of the bar (as its trying to be twisted by the weight of the front end) is what holds up the front end. Its anchored at one end (near the transmission) and trying to be twisted at the other end (by the LCA) as you drive. Sounds good to me anyway.:glasses7:

thanks

-
Back