Status
Not open for further replies.

smerhej2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all,

Sorry to put up my first post on the forum as a for sale post, I used to have an account here but haven't used it in a few years and can't remember the log on information.

I am listing my first car, a 73 Duster, and all the parts I have to go along with it. Looking for $4,000 OBO, located in Brockton, MA about 20 miles south of Boston.

The car itself is a black on black slant six model, bench interior (seats will need re-covering). The interior is out of it right now because it needs front floors. Trunk pan may be salvagable, but might need to be done as well.

It has a front disc brake conversion using factory parts, and in the rear I put an 8.25 from a cherokee that is not the correct axle length (had perches moved to install it but one side of the housing is longer than the other). I have a correct a-body 8.25 to go with it, 27 spline with open highway gears. In the cherokee axle is a 3.55 set, though it is a 29 spline so either the gears need to be moved over or the a-body axle upgraded to 29 spline. Rear is also converted to disc using a cherokee-intended kit that runs early ford ranger pads, rotors, and calipers.

Body-wise, it needs front floors as mentioned, possibly trunk pan, and some work on where the trunk drop meets the quarters (I trimmed them out to fit bigger wheels when I was in high school - huge mistake!). It has a set of cragar soft 8 wheels, 15x8, and the center caps which could use refinishing. I got hit by some clown in a pickup trying to pass me on the right when I was making a right-hand turn back in 2012, and the dent is about the size of a basketball, right behind the passenger door jam. Passenger door shell was replaced with a 72 shell, guts moved over from the original door, but the door card is junk and the new shell has some pinholes at the bottom.

Color is not original, it was factory tx9 but repainted before I bought it. Now the car has this metallic black paint that, to be honest, just looks dirty unless the car is wet or waxed. Tires on it are junk, I would replace them. They rubbed (hence the fender trim) so the sidewalls are grooved.

Electricals all work but speedo needs to be replaced, probably the cable as well. Currently has a slant six from a 79 cordoba with a super six setup (2 bbl carb) and a 904 column shift that needs to be replaced or rebuilt.

The shell is worth saving with some body work, largely very solid, but the best part is the parts collection. Over the past four years or so I have been loading up on parts to do a rallycross build, but I see the car rusting away and I want to see it done instead of rotting into nothing, so I figured it's best to pass it on to someone else. To go with the car, I have;

A 72 slant six, 3-speed manual, clutch, bellhousing etc., k-frame, aluminum manual steering box, and some linkage parts

2 a833s, one out of a 69 dart GTS (small block close-ratio) and one an aluminum OD unit for an A-body of unknown vintage. Installed on the dart tranny is a refurbished hurst shifter with linkage that needs grommets, looks fantastic. Correct shift knob.

A biondo line lock that is currently attached to the driver fenderwell but not plumbed

A set of new door weatherstrips

A 73 chrysler body service manual

A slant six 833 bellhousing

And I'm sure there are some other things I forgot. But there's a lot that goes with it.

I have attached some pictures of the car from when it was on the road, as they are the last reasonable pictures I have. They are from about 2 years ago. I will try to get some better ones as the weather improves, but for now all I have are those. The last one is a quick one I snapped of the floor pans to show the extent of the rust. Will need to be towed due to transmission issue.

All in all if I had the money I would keep it and finish it myself, but I just can't see it happening before the car gets past the point of saving. Really would hate to see it go for parts. Can't arrange shipping, cash only please. Thanks for looking!

CAM00073.jpg

CAM00012.jpg

CAM00080.jpg

CAM00077.jpg

20160131_095216.jpg

Sorry it's in there at the start. $4k obo, will try to take some current pics tomorrow. Noticed today theres a few rust bubbles popping up under the paint here and there

Went and took some pictures today in the nice weather showing the car as it sits, on jackstands in my mom's driveway.

This is the dent. Not that deep, but about the dimensions of a basketball.

20160329_162836.jpg.html

The doorjamb itself has no damage at all.

20160329_162847.jpg.html

Driver's fender

20160329_162810.jpg.html

Driver's quarter

20160329_162816.jpg.html

Bubbling at the rear of the quarter

20160329_162820.jpg.html

Driver's quarter by the bumper

20160329_162824.jpg.html

Passenger fender

20160329_162902.jpg.html

One of the engine bay