1974 340?

-
R u ever goops post the vin number on the passenger side pan rail? U have been asked a few times.
Since the holiday is now over, just cleaned the edge the pan sits on, only thing I found was a C on one side and a D on the other. Maybe I did that too.

Let's see the crank and balancer too....
Best I can get today, pretty overcast in NC

PXL_20240401_152701458.jpg

PXL_20240401_152649117.jpg

PXL_20240401_152644334.jpg

You can pick up a pair of calibers that work
well at Harbor Freight or similar place for a
very low investment compared to a set of Mics.
I always bring then parts hunting!
They have saved me numerous blunders!
Yeah, that's my fear. I'm cleaning out so would like to sell the motor. Don't want to screw someone or myself over so need to figure this one out.

Back in the late 70`s I bought a bare 340 block over the counter. I put it in a 76 Volare. I tried to order another one but they said no longer available.

Forged 318 crank. No hole in the front and rear counterweight. Internal balancer too.

so does the la 318 truck engine has a hp looking forged steel crank . and marine as well . do a sonic check on cylinder walls . just to see if it could be bored to a 4,04 inch bore or bigger .

THat balancer hub number isn't in my books. WTF is going on here? All the balancer numbers in my book have 7 digits.

balancer2.jpg

If it is a marine block unless fresh water cooled or a closed system the block would most likely be toast if used in salt water.

-
Back