-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well, the time has come for me to part with my '74 Dodge Dart Custom 4 door. My asking price is $2,500, but I am willing to consider reasonable offers. Here are the pertinent details.

The car is a 1974 Dodge Dart Custom with a 225 slant 6. Freshly rebuilt Holley 1945 carb runs like a champ. Freshly rebuilt distributor, MSD Blaster 2 coil, long-nose spark plugs, new wires, all new filters (air, fuel, PCV), and oil changes with Castrol every 3000 miles. A-904 3-speed automatic transmission works great, newly re-covered front bench seat, new ESPO 5 leaf rear springs, new shocks on all four corners, new flexible brake lines all around, factory front power disc brakes with new Raybestos pads, new Raybestos master cylinder, rebuilt vacuum booster, power steering, new "heavy duty" radiator and hoses (I believe it's the radiator for an A/C Dart), 4 new BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires, and a fully rebuilt and functional windshield washer system. Alpine stereo head unit installed in an under-dash enclosure and Infinity speakers on the rear deck and the front kick panels. The original AM-only radio is still installed in the dash and works perfectly!

The original paint is in incredible condition for a car this old. With a fresh coat of wax it gleams like new. The original vinyl top is in good shape but not perfect. This car was originally owned by an older lady who kept it garaged. Mechanically, the only problems with the car are that the front suspension has a squeak due to one or more worn rubber bushings, and the choke is slightly out of adjustment resulting in less power and some bogging when the engine is very cold (ie, parked all night). Cosmetically, the paint is great except for a few normal small scratches and small dents. The only notable scratch is across the trunk lid, the previous owner "fixed" it with the wrong color touch up paint. There is a small hole in the headliner in the rear on the driver's side, and the rear seat cover is worn. Mileage is believed to be original, but there is always the possibility that it has rolled over once.

I have a few parts to throw in as well, such as a Carter BBS carb I was going to swap out, but never got around to rebuilding.

It runs great, it is my daily driver from Simi Valley to Camarillo every day.

EDIT: The toggle switch hanging down in the last picture was a jury-rig addition that I used to switch a second cigarette lighter jack to power my XM radio. It will be removed before the car is sold.

P4280033.jpg

P4280034.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

P4280029.jpg

P4280033.jpg

P4280033.jpg

P4280034.jpg

P4280034.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

P4280029.jpg

P4280029.jpg

:hello2:

I think I've seen this car driving around town. IIRC, on the 118 between Moorpark and Somis too. :wave:

Seen a woman driving a 64 Valiant conv a few days back.

There's tons of Mopars here in SV, but not too many daily driven. Too bad there's not a cruise night in town.

Sweet car!! you should not have any problem selling her.

Looks like a nice ride for 2.000.

I am in Arkansas saving for a car.

:hello2:

I think I've seen this car driving around town. IIRC, on the 118 between Moorpark and Somis too. :wave:

Seen a woman driving a 64 Valiant conv a few days back.

There's tons of Mopars here in SV, but not too many daily driven. Too bad there's not a cruise night in town.

You best start one!!! Nothing like it. :D

Sweet car!! you should not have any problem selling her.

Looks like a nice ride for 2.000.

I am in Arkansas saving for a car.

Thanks, it kills me to have to sell it, but I've done about all I can as far as fixing it up. Time to sell it and look for my next project car (got my eye on a '64 Barracuda 273 that needs some help)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back