1974 Duster - First Mopar

-
Got all the parts to make the B-body 4 speed a A-body 4 speed today and got it all put together, gonna swap the trans out tomorrow. On a side note nothing is worse than getting ready to bolt on the side cover looking on the work bench and see 4 old synchronizers and one brand new synchronizer...

Well it fought me the whole way but the 4 speed is in and well worth the trouble.

Im in spring tx. Not a whole lot of progress lately worked on the interior some prepping and painting all the plastics black plan on pulling the headliner and seeing if I can paint it or what I can do with it. Also planning on installing my new drivers quarter panel within the next week or so.

Cool deal-you're about 20 miles as the crow flies from my Dad's place in New Caney. As far as the headliner, I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it, but I bet you could scuff and plasti-dip (spray plastic stuff) the board. I've been wondering the same thing, but mine have a couple chunks taken out of them so I'll probably just buy new ones.

Make sure you post up some pictures of that quarter panel replacement:happy1:

Made alot of progress today, cut out the old tail pan and grafted in the new pan its all welded in and lines up great. Gonna rain the next couple days so I will do the body work either sunday or early next week.

Decided to go ahead and put in the new lower quarter on the drivers side that was rotted out. Cut the old panel off and the inner was toast as well which I knew. So made a completely new one from scratch welded it all together and its back on the car. Just needs to be blended back in. Sorry for the last picture was light out when i started!!!

Thinking about selling this car would like some input on what the market is before I post up a for sale ad locally and on here. I would like to get around 3200 for it. Currently its a running and driving project current inspection and registration.

Curious is my asking would be realistic

Quick rundown

All new showwheels 17" wheels and tires (less than 100 miles on the pair)
Ford 8.8 3:73 posi track differential
A833 4-speed transmission with hurst shifter
Buckets modified to fit (I have the stock bench)
Manual steering
Power Brakes (4 wheel disc)
New radio Cd (dash was cut when I got the car)
Drivers quarter and rear tailpan have been replaced. (needs passenger quarter)

-
Back