1974 Duster questions

-

CaptMarvel

Reaction score
Hi, Its been awhile since I've been here, but I have a few questions. My son & I are about to fix up a 74 Duster. Its got a 318 (used to have the stock slant 6) I know it needs a new carb. What would work best for this setup? Also, any ideas on where to get some retro style slot mags? What tire/rim combo will fit best? Any help appreciated...Thanks

are you wanting something like cragars? keystone klassics? just google them, you will need the 4.5 bolt pattern, as for the 318. if it is stock someone could help you if it is rebuilt most people will want specs. before they offer input
but I would say a different intake and a 4 bbl if you want it to be for fun, if not then a 2bbl

Summit sells Anson slots in 14 inch and about up to 8 inch wide IIRC.

As far as carb goes, if it is a 4bbl. what ever manufacturer sits OK with you is it, cfm size wise? 600 cfm will work excellent from stock to nicely modified. Alot depends on the intended HP output of the engine and what your doing with it.

Welcome. Great to see a father/son project. I have a 360 intake on my 318 with a holley Street Avenger 570 Carb and it runs out ok. It depends on what you want if you want economy then a smaller 500 cfm would help. Most run a 600 Edelbrock 600 Model 1406 with electric choke.

This link will help on tire sizes and wheels.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=1951

If it's a 4 barrel set up already, an edelbrock 600 will be good. If it's a 2 barrel, I don't know what to tell you. Is the 318 already in it, or you have the 318?

If it's a 4 barrel set up already, an edelbrock 600 will be good. If it's a 2 barrel, I don't know what to tell you. Is the 318 already in it, or you have the 318?

Wow, immediate responses! Cool thanks to all..I dont get ressponses this quick over on the Charger board (Ive got a 68 r/t too) Yea, we put the 318 in from a wrecked 74 Valiant Brougham. Lots of good ideas here...Thanks!

Wow, immediate responses! Cool thanks to all..I dont get ressponses this quick over on the Charger board (Ive got a 68 r/t too) Yea, we put the 318 in from a wrecked 74 Valiant Brougham. Lots of good ideas here...Thanks!

This is the best site I have ever been to.:supz:

-
Back